Campbell Brown's Replacement: Eliot Spitzer??

Geoffrey

Media Bistro misquoted the Washington Examiner. Spitzer is only being considered; he hasn't officially been given the show. Still, it says a lot about CNN that they would even consider someone like him.

• 2 weeks later...

Eliot Spitzer would be a smart choice. He writes insightful articles at Slate and he would get a lot of sampling and press if he was chosen. It would be a great PR move. And I think he would be able to carry the show over the long term.

Don't be sanctimonious.

I've watched him on MSNBC a few times in the last week or two, including today. He's not bad on television. But he had a clear bias when covering the flotilla and the Israeli raid. Besides, he's still an inappropriate person to have presenting news.

• 4 weeks later...

Personally, I think that he was a much better governor than Patterson... However, the whole prostitution ring just did him in... Otherwise, he was good. But, I'm glad that Spitzer isn't our governor... we don't want to have that image.

As for the show, I think it might be interesting. CNN really needs to get going on changing their image and taking more risks because if they don't, FOX News and MSNBC will tear them appart. Unfortunately the sensationalized news on both MSNBC and FOX News are outweighing the more moderate news programming on CNN... It's sad.

• 2 weeks later...
Personally, I think that he was a much better governor than Patterson... However, the whole prostitution ring just did him in... Otherwise, he was good. But, I'm glad that Spitzer isn't our governor... we don't want to have that image.

As for the show, I think it might be interesting. CNN really needs to get going on changing their image and taking more risks because if they don't, FOX News and MSNBC will tear them appart. Unfortunately the sensationalized news on both MSNBC and FOX News are outweighing the more moderate news programming on CNN... It's sad.

Hello, over-partisan and divided nation at the moment? It's been this way for at least a decade now, so moderate, more balance take on news is something the truly moderate minded only appreciates...

I agree with 13WHAMfan, I truly believe Spitzer really was not bad at all. Paterson sucks big time as a governor, hence why he's not running for re-election, New York needs help and a new leader to fix its budget crisis.

Archived