NBC 10 anchor changes (Jamison Uhler & Lori Wilson)

TVNewsLover

Jamison Uhler is leaving NBC10. A few months ago he stopped anchoring at 5pm and reverted back to reporting. Now word comes that he is going to WTSP in the Tampa area to anchor weekday evenings. I feel this is another in a long line of good talents 10 has mistakingly let go. Doug Kammerer and Kathy Orr immediately come to mind (leaving the NBC10 weather department with dull people, Michelle Grossman being the only enjoyable one personalitywise to watch), among many others. I am kind of surprised CBS3 didn't go after Uhler. On a similar note, while I think the idea behind the 5pm hour is a good one, I don't like the setup at all. Move the idea to 4pm and incorporate all the segments (Sports, Your News, Consumer, Health, and Good News) into every days' newscast, not a different theme each day, and throw in some regular news too to fill the entire hour. Another possibility would be to have a "Daily Connection"-type show on at 4pm.

Also, saw that Lori Wilson was co-anchoring the 6pm news with Tim Lake today. It's about time they have a co-anchor at 6pm, because Tim is too boring by himself! However, I would've brought in Renee to the 6pm with Tim, and sent Lori Wilson to do the 4pm news with Dawn Timmeney (Tim at 6pm and 11pm is enough, we don't need him at 4pm too).

• 2 months later...
Jamison Uhler is leaving NBC10. A few months ago he stopped anchoring at 5pm and reverted back to reporting. Now word comes that he is going to WTSP in the Tampa area to anchor weekday evenings. I feel this is another in a long line of good talents 10 has mistakingly let go. Doug Kammerer and Kathy Orr immediately come to mind (leaving the NBC10 weather department with dull people, Michelle Grossman being the only enjoyable one personalitywise to watch), among many others. I am kind of surprised CBS3 didn't go after Uhler. On a similar note, while I think the idea behind the 5pm hour is a good one, I don't like the setup at all. Move the idea to 4pm and incorporate all the segments (Sports, Your News, Consumer, Health, and Good News) into every days' newscast, not a different theme each day, and throw in some regular news too to fill the entire hour. Another possibility would be to have a "Daily Connection"-type show on at 4pm.

Also, saw that Lori Wilson was co-anchoring the 6pm news with Tim Lake today. It's about time they have a co-anchor at 6pm, because Tim is too boring by himself! However, I would've brought in Renee to the 6pm with Tim, and sent Lori Wilson to do the 4pm news with Dawn Timmeney (Tim at 6pm and 11pm is enough, we don't need him at 4pm too).

I was watching today, and noticed Lori Wilson and Dawn Timmeney anchoring at 4pm, and Tim and Renee at 6pm. It appears that the powers that be have finally listened to me!!! (I've posted this idea on other threads as well.)

On a side note, I've also noticed that Denise Nakano no longer anchors the 10pm news on myphl17, but rather is out on the field reporting during that newscast. Dawn Timmeney is now anchoring the 10pm. Just a suggestion, perhaps they should have Denise fill in on weekends for Kristen Welker, who will be out all summer on a temp gig in L.A. for NBC, and might not return. Or, put Denise on in the morning and bump Aditi to weekends.

Also read that Dorothy Krysiuk is now doing traffic on Boston's ABC affiliate.

I was watching today, and noticed Lori Wilson and Dawn Timmeney anchoring at 4pm, and Tim and Renee at 6pm. It appears that the powers that be have finally listened to me!!! (I've posted this idea on other threads as well.)

On a side note, I've also noticed that Denise Nakano no longer anchors the 10pm news on myphl17, but rather is out on the field reporting during that newscast. Dawn Timmeney is now anchoring the 10pm. Just a suggestion, perhaps they should have Denise fill in on weekends for Kristen Welker, who will be out all summer on a temp gig in L.A. for NBC, and might not return. Or, put Denise on in the morning and bump Aditi to weekends.

Also read that Dorothy Krysiuk is now doing traffic on Boston's ABC affiliate.

Actually Lori Wilson is the 10PM anchor. She must have been off the day you watched. Denise is achoring the weekend evening newscasts while Kristen is in LA.

Actually Lori Wilson is the 10PM anchor. She must have been off the day you watched. Denise is achoring the weekend evening newscasts while Kristen is in LA.

Does Lori still co-host the 10! show too? And are Lori/Dawn the permanent team at 4pm, and Tim/Renee at 6pm? Any reason as to why Denise was demoted?

Does Lori still co-host the 10! show too? And are Lori/Dawn the permanent team at 4pm, and Tim/Renee at 6pm? Any reason as to why Denise was demoted?

Lori was promoted to the 4PM and 10PM news. Tim and Renee are permanent at 6. If you ask me I think Lori is being groomed to replace Renee when she retires.

• 2 weeks later...
Lori was promoted to the 4PM and 10PM news. Tim and Renee are permanent at 6. If you ask me I think Lori is being groomed to replace Renee when she retires.

I think you're right. It does seem like they are grooming her to take over for Renee. Maybe that's why they had her anchor at 6pm with Tim before these newest changes, to test her chemistry with him.

The bigger question is who are they grooming to take over for Tim? Only other male anchor they have is Terry Ruggles, and it's more likely he'll retire before Tim does. They have plenty of suitable replacement for Renee (Tracy, Dawn, Lori), but none for Tim now that Jamison is gone.

Archived