March Rainstorm - Storm Coverage

Vlad

This time its not a Blizzard, thank goodness, but its a rainstorm and well by the looks of it its not just any old rainstorm, but basically three nor'easters are headed our way, as 3 low pressure systems will be marching up here tonight and into tomorrow and through Sunday it seems. We probably won't see the sun untill Tuesday next week, and most of the stations in the area are predicting in between 3 - 5 inches of rainfall in the area before all of this is upcoming heavy rain is set and done. Looks like winter does not want to go away without one final severe punch and this certainly is one. At least, thankfully this is not snow, because this could've easilly translated to over 3 to 4 feet of snow! But the floods are definitely likely there are numerous flood watches in the area. Anyway, I'll post updates here tomorrow about how the stations are covering this as usual. WABC is providing extended coverage as the entire Accu-Weather team will be there tomorrow. Sections in New Jersey, particularly Lodi are getting boats ready for the flooding rains arriving tomorrow. Freeport here in Long Island sits so close to the coast and they are urging people who live in low lying areas near the harbor to evacuate as the waters will rise high, especially during High Tide tomorrow which is scheduled to occur at the height of the storm tomorrow evening, this could be pretty bad as it is happening during High Tide, but lets hope its not too bad.

We lost our power since about 6:18pm. We've been without power and in candlelight for nearly 5 hours now. What a crazy storm. In the last 16 years I've lived here I've never experienced a blackout this long (with the exception of the 2003 Northeast Power Failure) for storm related causes. There is just so much damn trees that fell and couldn't withstand the tropical storm force winds. Anyway hopefully the power will come back on for me soon. I'm usingme Palm Pre right now to post this message as both of my computers are down.

Yeah what a storm this was, power is back on in our home, but damn, what a night and day yesterday was, I'm not gonna forget this storm. Apparently the Town of Hempstead here in Long Island was hit the hardest. There are still some more spots around here where the lights are still OFF and people aren't expected to be on untill Wednesday the latest. Coverage wasn't as bad though, I thought Fox 5 had the best coverage as they had more reports from the areas hit the hardest on Long Island such as the Town of Hempstead area and etc.. Fox 5 devoted all of their news along with ABC 7 to strict storm coverage. I myself took many pictures and video of the storm damage, so many downed trees, the funny thing is that it wasn't even that loud, yet they were so close.

Archived