Marvell Scott Arrested for Rape

Geoff150

Marvell Scott Rape Charges

Can't find it online yet but CBS 2 News just reported that former ABC 7 sports anchor Marvell Scott surrendered this morning to police... He's accused of raping a 14-year-old prostitute in his apartment.

Yes, but don't forget about his sudden May sweeps "vacation" from which he never returned: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2009/05/29/2009-05-29_mystery_of_mia_sportscaster_ch_7s_scott_says_hes_just_on_long_vacation.html

Makes you wonder just how much ABC 7 knew.

Oh my god, what an unbelievable shocker, Marvell Scott, Rape? Damn. I'm sure the staff at WABC must've felt really awkward doing a report on this. I'd never expect that from him, he didn't seem like the type that could do something like that, I guess the old saying does apply here, Don't judge a book by its cover. From what we were told last year, he left WABC to pursue a medical degree. WABC hasn't posted any video on their website regarding the story.

Actually, they have the link to their 5pm report posted right on the homepage of 7online.com

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/video?id=7293265

I think it's become clear from the time line of events that Marvell Scott likely told Ch. 7 execs about his legal situation sometime last winter/spring and they agreed to let him walk out of his contract to "focus on medicine" to avoid the situation being blown up more than it is now. Could you imagine how much worse of a PR disaster this would have been for Disney/ABC if he were still on the air at the time of the indictment? Obviously both Scott and his bosses knew it would be best for him to keep a low profile.

Marvell was top of the list at PIX 11 to be hired as their sportscaster, but was pulled from the running after the news came out. They're sticking with Lolita Lopez and Glenn for now.

Really? I thought we were under the impression he was done with television as he wanted to pursue a career path as a Sports Medicine Doctor...

Oh my god, what an unbelievable shocker, Marvell Scott, Rape? Damn. I'm sure the staff at WABC must've felt really awkward doing a report on this. I'd never expect that from him, he didn't seem like the type that could do something like that, I guess the old saying does apply here, Don't judge a book by its cover. From what we were told last year, he left WABC to pursue a medical degree. WABC hasn't posted any video on their website regarding the story.

Vlad -

If you worked with Marvell, you would have known he was a sleeze. Honestly, it comes as no shock to me, as I always suspected there was an underlying reason he gave up his job at the station. A nice guy to work with, and always came across that way on camera, but put him around a young lady, and he was all over it like flies on sh*t. I always considered him a "Steve Bartelstein" of the straight world.

Wasn't there something early on in Marvell's time at WABC about a female intern.....???

I have only heard about a lawsuit between Steve Bartelstein and a male off-camera employee but never heard anything about Marvell Scott and a female intern.

As for him being arrested, I think it is shocking because I would have never expected him to do something like that.

Shocking indeed. His abrupt departure from WABC was perplexing. To Geoffrey's point, how much did WABC know?

In WCBS' report, I like how Lou Young was all up in Marvel's face with the questioning. LOL

Lou's an old school journalist. The youngsters (me included) need to take notes. I've had some good conversations with him on Twitter. That's how you're supposed to handle a goof that does something stupid like this.

That said, let's see how much evidence mounts before we convict him in the court of public opinion. If he's guilty of rape with a 14-year-old, let him have it.

Archived