Question regarding WABC Radio

stevieboy247

I know that WABC-AM had a pretty long relationship with JAM Creative Productions of Dallas, TX. Well they have been using JAM jingles for many years. But now and days they it sounds like they're either cutting back on the use of JAM jingles or perhaps going to a different direction altogether (meaning that they stopped using them completely).

Did WABC and JAM officialy part ways or something???

I don't think they've officially parted ways.. They could just be phasing in something new. WLS 890AM in Chicago has cut back on their JAM package(s) a few years back and currently uses another package along with their JAM sometimes even combining cuts.

Alot of stations nowadays aren't so happy with JAM's work as they kind of have an old/dated sound to it and even for new updates, they still have an old feel to them. Some of the more recent (well, later '90s) updates WLS got still were almost '70s or 80's sounding.. The last station in Chicago to get a JAM package was Fresh 105.9 which was really just NY's Fresh 102.7 package.. 105.9 dumped the package after less than a year for something more modern and hip sounding.

I'm personally more of a fan of ReelWorld's or TMCentury's work. Alot of stations I know now are much more happier with their work. Whenever I think JAM, I think of those old guys that collect radio airchecks and jingles.. lol.

Archived