Diana Williams & Lori Stokes Anchored This Week At 11:00PM

Vlad

D8.jpg 6.jpg

DIANA WILLIAMS on Eyewitness News at 11 LORI STOKES on Eyewitness News at 11

This week, the uncommonly chosen anchors to fill-in for other anchors (especially Diana Williams) were seen on Eyewitness News at 11, substituting in for Liz Cho who has had the week off. Diana Williams, whom was former anchor of Eyewitness News at 6 and 11PM newscasts with Bill Beutel in the 90s and early 2000s, decided to "revisit" her past by anchoring Eyewitness News with Bill Ritter on Monday, while Liz Cho was off for the week, also Lori Stokes had decided to anchor Eyewitness News at 11, although the selection of Lori Stokes and Diana Williams are typically rare circumstances. Lori Stokes has done the 11PM broadcast before back in July 2006. Screenshots are posted below:

DIANA WILLIAMS on EYEWITNESS NEWS at 11 - Monday, November 27, 2006:

D2.jpg

D4.jpg

D6.jpg

LORI STOKES on EYEWITNESS NEWS at 11 - Friday, December 1, 2006:

3.jpg

6.jpg

9.jpg

D8.jpg 6.jpg

DIANA WILLIAMS on Eyewitness News at 11 LORI STOKES on Eyewitness News at 11

This week, the uncommonly chosen anchors to fill-in for other anchors (especially Diana Williams) were seen on Eyewitness News at 11, substituting in for Liz Cho who has had the week off. Diana Williams, whom was former anchor of Eyewitness News at 6 and 11PM newscasts with Bill Beutel in the 90s and early 2000s, decided to "revisit" her past by anchoring Eyewitness News with Bill Ritter on Monday, while Liz Cho was off for the week, also Lori Stokes had decided to anchor Eyewitness News at 11, although the selection of Lori Stokes and Diana Williams are typically rare circumstances. Lori Stokes has done the 11PM broadcast before back in July 2006. Screenshots are posted below:

DIANA WILLIAMS on EYEWITNESS NEWS at 11 - Monday, November 27, 2006:

D2.jpg

D4.jpg

D6.jpg

LORI STOKES on EYEWITNESS NEWS at 11 - Friday, December 1, 2006:

3.jpg

6.jpg

9.jpg

Lori was on Tuesday as well, I believe. Sade did Wednesday and Thursday. I guess maybe Diana did Monday because sweeps weren't over yet (?)

In my opinion, Diana Williams and Lori Stokes should co-anchor the 5 p.m. news together. They would make a great team and Lori is much more experienced and solid than Sade Baderinwa.

Lori could continue anchor the morning news as well -- she's done both in the same week already and, if was chosen to replace Roz Abrams in 2003, she would've continued doing both the 5 a.m. and 5 p.m. Sade could anchor the noon.

Quite frankly I would not mind if one day Diana Williams return at 11. I have never really like Liz Cho. Diana is such a class act, very professional and one of the few anchors that does not make a mistake on air.

I have never been a Liz Cho fan either, I wish Diana would return as well, but I would have no problem with Sade or Lori co-anchoring with Bill, either. I have to disagree with the other commenter that Lori is much more experienced and solid than Sade. I actually find Sade to be slightly better than Lori at anchoring.

Well, I just don't see Lori doing the 11PM broadcast her chemistry is better suited for the morning hours, I do wish that Diana Williams returned to the 11PM broadcasts, but then again Liz Cho is ok too, but she can be a bit too serious at times. (but it is the 6 and 11PM news, that is kinda expected), but overall I'm pretty satisfied with the way things are at WABC, and everyone seems to be better suited at thier positions. The personality and chemistry of each individual anchor on Eyewitness News, fits the hours in which they are broadcasting.

-Vlad

In my opinion, Diana Williams and Lori Stokes should co-anchor the 5 p.m. news together. They would make a great team and Lori is much more experienced and solid than Sade Baderinwa.

Lori could continue anchor the morning news as well -- she's done both in the same week already and, if was chosen to replace Roz Abrams in 2003, she would've continued doing both the 5 a.m. and 5 p.m. Sade could anchor the noon.

I highly doubt that Lori or anyone else for that matter would anchor at 5am, not anchor the noon newscast and then come back and anchor at 5pm on a permanent basis. If she was chosen to replace Roz I am sure she would've anchored noon and 5 pm or just 5pm.

Archived