Connect by 615 Music

rah6448

Finally found the name and publisher for the newest KTLA 5 News theme! This package, titled "Connect", features 11 themes and 585 cuts, some of which I'd like to see KTLA using more often, or using...period. Like the one at the end of the montage here:

http://www.615music.com/core/play_media.cfm?video_id=222&type=3

I think that would make a pretty cool close cut.

That is probably the BEST package 615 Music has produced in nearly 10 years. There has been lots of rumors that 615 was losing its edge and their newest packages all sounded alike and had a lack of quality. That's very true, WGN's News Theme, Moving Forward, Viper 2008, and Coverage for WSB are all terrible in my honest opinion and show no attention to quality or detail like past packages, and the signatures are not so simple in them. This has a simple signature, and actually has the potential to be 615 Music's comeback, it's just too bad it can't be licensed out...it sounds way better than the stuff they are syndicating.

Finally found the name and publisher for the newest KTLA 5 News theme! This package, titled "Connect", features 11 themes and 585 cuts, some of which I'd like to see KTLA using more often, or using...period. Like the one at the end of the montage here:

http://www.615music.com/core/play_media.cfm?video_id=222&type=3

I think that would make a pretty cool close cut.

This is probably the BEST package 615 Music has had in 10 years.

People have been very skeptical about 615's latest packages, like the WGN News Theme, Moving Forward, Viper 2008, and Coverage for WSB, claiming 615 Music was losing its edge and that all their packages started to sound alike and had no clear signatures.

This package has a clear simple signature, and could be the "comeback" package for 615, its just too bad its not available for license, it sounds a lot better than most of their latest syndicated packs.

WSFL's First Report (also a recent package from 615) is also pretty good, I'd check it out, I was pleasantly surprised...and this is for a Morning-Only newscast on a lower-rated CW station in Miami.

You can hear both "Connect" and "First Report" here, just look under "Viper 2008". It's tucked underneath it I believe because they both aren't allowed to be licensed, only exclusive to WSFL and KTLA.

http://www.615music.com/core/news_music_demos.cfm

Well, the reason why 615 (and most news music composers) have been "losing their edge" is because most stations' management/creative/promo people are just accepting the first thing a composer throws at them nowadays. Pure laziness in has taken over in many newsrooms. You can't put all the blame on the music production company. 615, Gari, etc. are all just out to make a few bucks these days.

There was a time when stations actually worked along with a composer when commissioning a new theme or an update. The composer would make a couple sample cuts or compositions and let the station hear it and if the station didn't like or it sounded like total garbarge, the station would throw it back at the composer's face and tell the composer to "give us what we're paying you to do!" It would be a process that would take many weeks or even months of the station working along side with the composer but the end result would be a successful long-running package.

Unless a station is willing to reject something that the composer gives them, the music companies will just keep pumping out crap..

Archived