WABC-TV Acknowledges Weak OTA Signal

Vlad

Well for those of us who have not been having difficulty receiving WABC's signal OTA after the transmission, well, it seems that the reason why is because they have reduced their power substantially because they were requested by the FCC to do so. Which explains why many people over in Long Island and many areas far away from NYC (even some people within the 5 boroughs still can't get a good signal) are unable to receive a good signal for WABC, which could possibly even explain their ratings decline. If people can't view the channel they'll turn elsewhere and that's what is happening. I'm able to get a good signal from 2, 4, 5, 9, and 21 and some of the others. But since the switch last summer I've been unable to recieve a good signal OTA from Channels 7 and 11. Apparently an application has been filed to increase power by up to 50%, but apparently there still hasn't been a response from the FCC. I had to Upgrade to Windows 7 which has a version of Windows Media Center that supports QAM Digital Cable to be able to once again receive WABC, but without QAM its virtually impossible. So although a powerful antenna may work, but their weaker signal definitely plays a role in this issue as well...

https://licensing.fcc.gov/cdbs/CDBS_Attachment/getattachment.jsp?appn=101319333&qnum=5460&copynum=1&exhcnum=1

Archived