'NBC Nightly News' Going HD

News4LA

http://www.tvweek.com/page.cms?pageId=578

February 8, 2007

'Nightly News' Going HD

NBC's to Be First National Newscast in Format

"NBC Nightly News" is about to become the first national evening news broadcast to go hi-def.

The show will begin broadcasting in the format in March; an exact date is not yet decided.

The broadcast will join fellow NBC News production the "Today" show, which started broadcasting in HD in September. NBC's "Dateline," which is also produced by NBC News, is not yet making the jump, an NBC spokesperson said.

Though local news markets have increasingly embraced HD as a way of keeping viewers coming out of HD prime-time programming, national evening news departments have been slow to embrace the format. In addition to the cost of overhauling a studio, the department has to replace field cameras around the world. For "NBC Nightly News," most field reports will continue to use standard-definition cameras until early 2008.

so is nightly news going to be from a new studio? because when today revamped they were out of their studio for the whole summer. if this is going down in march i dont see how they could rewire their current studio in that short amount of time

• 1 month later...

http://www.tvpredictions.com/brianhd031807.htm

News

NBC Nightly News Goes HD Next Week

Broadcasting & Cable magazine says the switch will occur the week of March 26.

By Phillip Swann

Washington, D.C. (March 18, 2007) -- The NBC Nightly News With Brian Williams will begin broadcasting in High-Definition next week.

That's according to an article in Broadcasting & Cable magazine.

TVPredictions.com reported last month that the network's evening news would switch to high-def in March but our sources did not know the launch date. B&C says the HD debut will take place the week of March 26.

NBC will be the first network to broadcast the evening news in HDTV. ABC and NBC now air their morning news shows in high-def.

The network's Nightly News' HD debut may also coincide with the launch of high-def news broadcasts at some NBC affiliates. The network is pushing their owned and operated stations to accelerate their HD news debuts.

The network is also preparing to launch a high-def simulcast of MSNBC, but that is not expected until next year.

At least all you guys were able to watch it in HD, for some reason WFMJ didin't have it in HD. I'm pretty sure it's the sations fault, not my tv. >;)

yea we didnt have it either tonight, i was kind of pissed

Archived