WAVY Weekend Weather Search

WAVY 10 Fan

Apparently, WAVY/WVBT is searching for a meteorologist for some reason (saw link to Craigslist posting on VARTV). Unsure if it involves additional personnel or if someone's about to jump ship. I did notice they're looking for someone preferably with an AMS/NWA seal (none of their guys have it).

http://norfolk.craigslist.org/tfr/1550763514.html

• 2 weeks later...
I hope nobody thought what I said above was negative, what I meant was, she is good... Weather Channel-material, seriously. Great on-air presence, very pleasant to watch.

I agree. She could have gone places. But I'm sure she'll be happy in her new career. You're right though, she has WxChannel written all over her.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like the search is over. Last night, meteorologist Sagay Galindo (pronounced suh-gay guh-LIN-doh) just announced that she's leaving WWBT-NBC12 and will be joining WAVY-TV 10. She's been with NBC12 for five years and she's from the Hampton Roads area.

Archived