WNBC Holiday Promos for 2009

stevieboy247

Oh boy, how pathetic that the tradition is broken. I always enjoyed the WNBC holiday greeting/song. So tell me, why is Zucker still employed - he and he alone broke this great network and station.

Zucker and all the NBCU brass are still employed because they had one job to do -- focus on the bottom line and make NBC and its O&O stations profitable enough so that GE could demand a reasonable price when unloading NBC. Ratings may be down, but NBC is investing a bare bones budget in every sector, making the network and its stations quite profitable but stuck in the ratings cellar for years to come.

This version 30 second version has them singing "We Wish You A Merry Christmas" follow by "Feliz Navidad".

I would guess it's running on Telemundio 47 also.

You'll notice it was not done in one take cause Jonathan Dienst is in two different places.

In one scene he's behind the Telemundo anchor.

Here's the on camera people I recognize in the promo.

Telemundo 47 - Jorge Ramos and Andrea Romero.

LX TV - Siafa Lewis, George Oliphant, and Sara Gore

News 4 - Jonathan Dienst, Erika Tarantal, Roseanne Colletti, Gabe Pressman, Bruce Beck, Chris Cimino, David Ushery, Melissa Russo, Megan Meany, Cat Greenleaf and Darlene Rodriguez.

There's a "Happy Holidays" version that includes all the people listed above plus Chuck Scarborough, Greg Cergol, Lynda Baquero and Michael Gargiulo.

Since the promos are shot between the morning news and lunchtime, it's no surprise Sue is not there again - the lady doesn't rise before noon.

From what I heard about two years ago, Sue [and Chuck] arrives around 10 or 11 in the morning.

From what I heard about two years ago, Sue [and Chuck] arrives around 10 or 11 in the morning.

Really? I have always been under the assumption that because they anchor the late news in addition to early evening newscasts at 5 and/or 6, that they arrive at around 2 or 3PM and get a dinner break between the early and late evening newscasts like most evening anchors. Also, I don't think I have ever seen Chuck or Sue anchor a news update or cover breaking news before 3 in the afternoon.

Archived