7 On Your Side's Tappy Phillips retiring after 24 years

RGSJenkins

Tonight at 11, 7 On Your Side reporter Tappy Philips will leave WABC and the television business on her own terms as she is moving to Delaware. http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2009/11/20/2009-11-20_ch_7s_tappy_phillips_is_getting_a_tappy_ending.html

Yeah she was truly amazing, I really enjoyed her 7 On Your Side stories, I wonder who the next contender will be, she really made those stories seem extremely interesting, haha. She will be missed.

Tonight at 11, 7 On Your Side reporter Tappy Philips will leave WABC and the television business on her own terms as she is moving to Delaware. http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2009/11/20/2009-11-20_ch_7s_tappy_phillips_is_getting_a_tappy_ending.html

I wonder what ch.7 was palnning that she said "something i would not enjoy".. No matter who her replacemeant will be they will not be as good as Tappy.. Nobody could ever be as good!!!

Best Wishes to Tappy!!

Just read the article... she is referring to the tribute the station had planned for her. She is not comfortable with accolades, so she is saying that she will probably not enjoy a tribute to her. Her is the excerpt from the article that should give more context:

"I'm not really comfortable with accolades and tributes," Phillips said yesterday. "I understand the station wants to do something; it's not something I'll enjoy."

From what I have heard, Tappy didn't do much work these last few years. She sat around while the interns checked the calls and e-mails and the producer did most of the work. Then she waited for the script to arrive and did the minimum.

I know this happens everywhere in TV but it sounds like she was getting away with a lot lately.

Archived