November Nor'easter

newsguy22

Just wondering how some of the East Coast stations are covering this Nor'easter. Here in the Norfolk area, all stations are pretty much wall to wall, taking a break here and there. My station has water coming into the newsroom. I'm attaching a pic of one of our anchors in chest deep water in the street in front of our station. Worst of all, Papa John's isn't delivering!

EDIT: almost chest deep water in this pic, it's higher now.

Noreaster.jpg.869ae822b706926b740433ef895cfb6e.jpg

Got hammered in eastern NC for a bit, too. Left it mostly on WAVY with occasional switches to WVEC and the Weather Channel whenever the WAVY guys had run out of new stuff or went on break to run regular programming.

WTKR's signal actually got knocked out for much of yesterday (likely storm-related, and I vaguely remember seeing the building when I was younger and going from memory, 'TKR probably should look for a spot on higher ground).

Yeah, yesterday was rough. We had water flooding the newsroom at high tide yesterday evening. Took us a while to get our OTA signal back. Glad the worst is over... lots of cleanup to start now.

Add to that our weekend evening meteorologist gave birth last night! What a storm.

Just wondering how some of the East Coast stations are covering this Nor'easter. Here in the Norfolk area, all stations are pretty much wall to wall, taking a break here and there. My station has water coming into the newsroom. I'm attaching a pic of one of our anchors in chest deep water in the street in front of our station. Worst of all, Papa John's isn't delivering!

EDIT: almost chest deep water in this pic, it's higher now.

Our FOX station here in Milwaukee aired this and the anchors said they were stupid for being in the water. :p

Our FOX station here in Milwaukee aired this and the anchors said they were stupid for being in the water. :p

Ha... and that's our sister station, too. I do think that argument is bogus, though. As journalists, it's part of our job to take risks that the average person would or should not take, to better cover a particular story. This is just one of those examples.

Yeah WABC covered that story on the 5PM broadcast as well and thought they were definitely brave for doing that, lol. Water that deep could've swept them away, but good thing its finally over and hopefully we'll all see the sun tomorrow.

Archived