Animated ads in the weather reports

IceManNYR

Right in the middle of the weather report? That's just ridiculous. Did Linda make a comment about it?

I remember during the WB11 era, they would have a spot after the weather leading to break about 106.7 Lite FM sponsoring the weather, that was good. I think this now is just intrusive.

The Daily News had a story about this happening at WCBS during sports a while back.

Hasn't turned up at KPLR, that I'm aware of. First chance I get to watch KPLR at noon/seven, I'll let everybody know.

We seem to be moving toward making every part of the newscast ad time. I wonder how much KTLA/WPIX is making with this.

For those out of the NYC market,

some of the NYC stations have an ad below the 7 Day Forecast for Mega Millions.

WNBC's sports report is sponsored by Verizon FiOS, the Verizon logo is on screen for the entire report.

KDKA's sports segments have been sponsored by Comcast for some time now. The logo appears on the L3s and on the sports graphics.

Can't remember if it was 4 or 11 I was watching the other night, but during weather they were rotating through a few different sponsor logos.

Can't remember if it was 4 or 11 I was watching the other night, but during weather they were rotating through a few different sponsor logos.

I know that WTAE shows a Dunkin' Doughnuts logo and a voiceover that says "See What's Brewing" sponsoring traffic reports that airs between weather and traffic.

Archived