WVEC Graphics Change

WAVY 10 Fan

Apparently, WVEC decided to switch their graphics up starting with tonight's 5:00 newscast.

Banner grab comes from the website. The website hadn't shown a main change at the time I checked (about an hour ago).

EDIT: Apparently it's too small to see with the naked eye. Clicking on it may help, if not you can check the website.

WvecVerizon728x90_101209.jpg.48601fb6791232e048cac20cdf458768.jpg

Yes, if you click the attachment it becomes larger...

I take a nap and sleep through all the newscasts and I miss this :(

It's... different. Was definitely not expecting this (I'm sure the 1992 rebrand was a surprise too, but I was too young to remember). Looks better on TV than on that banner, you can watch some videos on their website... I kinda like the spinny bug. Is there new music?

"Williamsburg residents on guard after shopping center robberies" shows the new open.

http://www.wvec.com/video/topvideo-index.html?nvid=408736&shu=1

It really looks nice, a bit busy but nice. The music is Always Worth Your Time by 615. The graphics are still in their favorite blue and yellow scheme and are simple and effective. The logo is a bit big, but now there is kinda a mesh of graphics and it looks kinda off. Nice for 'VEC to start using the abc logo. I also noticed on the set that the "13 News" logo they had on the backdrop is gone.

This has been in the works for a few months. I know some of their vehicles had already been taken for rebranding. I'll have to watch LNC at the top of the hour to check it out.

Soooo glad "Propulsion" is gone. AWYT is a good one. Their Belo sister WWL in New Orleans uses it.

Better be ready to go HD if they were going to make such a drastic change. But as far as the graphics, not too sold on it outside of the open (that part was nice). The spinning globe effect could be a bit distracting at times, but otherwise no real change in the lower-thirds (so far).

Archived