INews from Stephen Arnold

New from 615 Music... "Chyron," with 15 themes, over 300 cuts.

... and new from Gari Media Group's News Music Division: "Breaking News", with over 200 cuts (though the name will probably change ten times before they settle on an official title).

"Lower Third"... a news music specifically crafted for the southern third of the U.S.

"Super"... a news music package that's just... well you get it.

Or P Diddy can do a package that's simply re-mixes of other packages from the 80s. "Hello NewZ"

WUT?

Why, of all the newsroom programs, would they have went with iNews? The only sound it makes is an annoying beep when the wires are updated...

I HATED that beep. Of course, with ENPS, we just have an annoying bell that rings when there are alerts. I guess they're about the same.

Introducing The Douche, from Stephen Arnold Music. 35 themes, over 6300 cuts.

And Gari's Knock-off pack, "VagiNews!" with the same 35 themes, and 6300 cuts, but with the exact same sound as all of the OTHER New Generation crapola!

I just watched KIAH for the first time a while. I'm scratching my head, wondering why the hell Ch 39 dropped the old package for something more seizure causing.

Because, sadly, most of the people who make the decisions on mews music selection at a television station (news directors) have no clue about sonic branding. They think if they get something "fast paced" or "rockin'" people will watch because it will create a sense of pacing, or urgency, or youth. BLEH!

That kind of bonehead thinking by previous management has left my station with the craptastic "Interceptor" by 615. The only reason it hasn't been changed is because new management didn't want to go crazy with changing everything... again.

Archived