KTLA new set?

A3N

That evening open definitely gives a much harder feel than the old look. KTLA seems to be making a push to take on the Big 3 and/or 4. I like it, although I would have gone with more earthtones in the set. Too much blue.

I don't know if anyone has said this before, but I think KTLA is now looking to go for the KTVU approach when it comes to its new looks. Their sets and graphics look alike in a variety of ways.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't know if anyone has said this before, but I think KTLA is now looking to go for the KTVU approach when it comes to its new looks. Their sets and graphics look alike in a variety of ways.

I don't know if KTLA is really trying to be as hard-news driven as KTVU (although you could make the argument that KTLA was the Southern California equivalent of KTVU in the 1980s to mid-1990s), but as Todd said earlier, the new look is definitely KTLA's way of shaping itself into a true player in the Los Angeles news scene. While I liked KTLA's last look a lot, it's definitely not in line with the direction that KTLA wants to go, which is clearly harder and less fluff-driven. I'm a fan of the new look...too bad the San Diego County Cox cable system doesn't carry KTLA in HD.

While I agree with everyone's assumption that the music is indeed a 615 Music composition, any ideas why it hasn't been posted to the demos section on the 615 site yet? They've been pretty good about getting even the custom stuff up there rather quickly. IIRC, the new WGN music was there before WGN even started using it on-air.

Their 1PM music sounds just like Better TV's theme. I think they are the same.

You mean their previous theme. Meredith Corp's Better TV started using new music last month, but I know where you're coming from with that comparison.

You mean their previous theme. Meredith Corp's Better TV started using new music last month, but I know where you're coming from with that comparison.

ooohhh. I saw the new graphics for the evening shows and thought maybe the 1pm show had different music. I saw the entry was new on NMSA. I see how it is now....

ooohhh. I saw the new graphics for the evening shows and thought maybe the 1pm show had different music. I saw the entry was new on NMSA. I see how it is now....

okay. A couple of things. First of all, why are they still teasing me with the old tease music?? I watched the morning news this morning, and the music they used for the tease is still the KTLA 2005 theme... but the open is the new music.

Also, I was wondering what yall think of this. Why are they still using those leather chairs?? They look all crinkly and I think they don't go. I would like to see some aeron chairs on the set. Or something a little more modern looking, at least.

Also, did yall notice that they kept the four square pieces from the previous set??... the center section, right above the logo.

Picture2-2.png

Based on your still shot, it looks at least they're starting to use live shots for the projection screen. It looks a lot better. I'm not fond of the blue image with the glassy 5 they were using for the first few days. It made the set too blue and the live image breaks it up.

Also, did yall notice that they kept the four square pieces from the previous set??... the center section, right above the logo.

dont forget the side stage, the main colums are from the 97 set as well as the arch light on the left part of the set. Nothin wrong with tweaking and recycling

Arch Light under the white board on left hand side of the screen its grey

http://twitpic.com/kgl0l

Arch Light (you will see 2 lights on the left top of the screen on top of the blue side wall backdrop)

528.jpg

Side Stage before

http://twitpic.com/kgl39

After

527.jpg

Based on your still shot' date=' it looks at least they're starting to use live shots for the projection screen. It looks a lot better. I'm not fond of the blue image with the glassy 5 they were using for the first few days. It made the set too blue and the live image breaks it up.[/quote']

I think they might just be using the live shots for the morning news. Anybody know for sure?

I think they might just be using the live shots for the morning news. Anybody know for sure?

I've only seen them use the glassy blue 5 screensaver on the 6pm and 10pm. The morning shows use different pictures and cams. Not sure what the 1pm news uses.

Oh and regarding those chairs, they just got those chairs earlier this year. But I agree they looked to big for the old set and look a little big for the new set. But they look very comfortable. :-)

Lastly , have you noticed at the end of the 6pm & 10 pm newscasts they always have a "Hair by" & "Wardrobe by" credit for Victoria Recano. I don't think I've every seen any LA anchor, male or female, have a hair or wardrobe credit. Guess it was in her contract.

After watching the 10pm show is says hair by J.R. D'Angeles. Wardrobe provided by Nanette Lapore Copyright KTLA INC.

I've only seen them use the glassy blue 5 screensaver on the 6pm and 10pm. The morning shows use different pictures and cams. Not sure what the 1pm news uses.

Oh and regarding those chairs, they just got those chairs earlier this year. But I agree they looked to big for the old set and look a little big for the new set. But they look very comfortable. :-)

Lastly , have you noticed at the end of the 6pm & 10 pm newscasts they always have a "Hair by" & "Wardrobe by" credit for Victoria Recano. I don't think I've every seen any LA anchor, male or female, have a hair or wardrobe credit. Guess it was in her contract.

only KTLA. KABC did this for AM Los Angeles during the 80's and KCAL briefly had a promo for David Rickey Suits when Alan Massengale was a sports anchor there. They also no longer have Rolls-Royces and Cadillac's in their contracts either.

I like new look. But what I find weird KTLA new look remind me of an oh I don't know an ABC O&O.m I just has that feel to me. I mean it looks more like an ABC Station that KABC does. If I just moved here from Iowa and didn't see the abc/circle 7 logo. I thought KTLA was that ABC affiliate. The only difference was music.

For a point of contrast when CBS2 Management moved to KTLA I didn't expect a new look right away I expect the change for 6 months to one year for the change not 3 or 4 months. Meanwhile the changes at CBS2/ KCAL9 was so underwhelming I mean the New Name "NewsCental", tinkering of the graphic package. I mean this is about night and day WOW! Talk about of what you should and shouldn't at a major market station.

Archived