KTLA new set?

A3N

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some caps, not a bad look and the music is pretty good. Although the debut wasn't too smooth as Markina Brown called Micah Ohlman, "Jason." It was very awkward to say the least.

image_1.jpg

image_2.jpg

image_3.jpg

The set is definitely the best looking set in LA. I really like the graphics. The new 7 day weather graphics are a nice improvement. The new mic flags are a little big , but I guess big mic flags are in these days. The music is going to take me a while to get use too. I just need to hear more of it to make my final decision.

Can't wait to see the other part of the new set during the Morning News tomorrow.

Oh and Markina calling Micah "Jason" was very funny. You can tell Markina felt bad about that. Other than that everything went very well. Great job KTLA.

I'm not sure if I like the new set/graphics... I was such a fan of the music/graphics from the 2007 or so era of KTLA.. it was so clean looking. Do yall agree?? I haven't seen the actual newscast yet.. I will watch the morning news tomorrow online to see how it looks. Also, I don't like the Lelia and Emmett are gone from prime-time. I thought both of them were very good, and they brought a sense of hipness and a young outlook to KTLA.

I was also a fan of the 2004 graphics package, music and set. There was a certain sophistication to them, gathering uniqueness and personality. It just seemed fresh and different for me.

The new stuff is just "alright" for me. The graphics are cool looking but the blues/yellows just seem bland since every other station piratically uses the same color tones as well. The set is good looking, but I preferred the older one, the new one looks too simple and empty. I'm curious to see how the Morning Show will utilize the new space. I think it's just going to take me awhile to get into them.

The new set is spectacular, the graphics are just as spectacular...KTLA has done an outstanding job with the new look, and certainly tops the competition in every way shape and form....This is definitely outstanding work for a Los Angeles television station.

The Logo, as great as it is, I think is a little too boxy...I would either move KTLA to the Left, or just dump it altogether and call it Channel 5, and color it gold.

The theme music is not working for me however as I would rather them just revert to the legendary six-note tune, instead of that melodramatic news theme they've got. I would also de-emphasize tabloid style reporting. If we can take a page from the legendary Hal Fishman, I assure this product would be the best in the business, just like it was during the Fishman days. I would like to see KTLA take the KNBC approach to local news, more emphasis on government, community, investigative reporting, ane less tabloid crime-and-celebrity reporting. No, I am not asking for an NPR/PBS style newscast, but something that reflects original quality solid reporting, rather than borrowed wire stories. The Corsini/Ball ticket are doing a marvelous job, but also a steady newsteam is a must, especially after the Jason Martinez "scandal?," and hopefully Micah and Victoria will be coming in to our homes for a very long time.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I give it an 8! Outstanding Imagery, but room to improve with news quality.

I was also a fan of the 2004 graphics package, music and set. There was a certain sophistication to them, gathering uniqueness and personality. It just seemed fresh and different for me.

The new stuff is just "alright" for me. The graphics are cool looking but the blues/yellows just seem bland since every other station piratically uses the same color tones as well. The set is good looking, but I preferred the older one, the new one looks too simple and empty. I'm curious to see how the Morning Show will utilize the new space. I think it's just going to take me awhile to get into them.

I definitely agree. The news was very sophisticated and something that was unlike any other station in the country. In my opinion, it brought a totally different spin on TV news... the first time I saw the first edition morning news open, my jaw dropped.

I am one of the most open minded people you will ever meet.. and I LOVE change. But this, in my opinion, is KTLA being cookie-cut into just another ole TV news operation. Don't get my wrong, the set is gorgeous... and the box logo with the old five is very nice to see... but it just doesn't seem like KTLA anymore. I miss Emmett and Lelia. I miss Jim Cutler's voiceover.

What KTLA had is now ruined.

Thanks for posting video for us not in the market, if I can....

...I like the graphics, but not the way the letters appear/enter in the Lower 3rd. I like the new set, but there is a LOT of blue behind the anchors, is that thing in the middle a monitor?

Another thing...

Their music was UNMISTAKEABLE. It was probably one of my favorite parts of their newscasts.

Wow... the graphics and music in those are AMAZING. The versions that "CBS 8 HD" posted are generic by comparison.

Ah, if only Tribune hadn't sold WLVI to Ansin...

There definitely seems to be more of an effort to go to a more traditional newscast look. Given what I've heard about KTLA's news output this is probably a good thing. Obviously going back to the older logo is awesome.

The opens are... okay. I like the graphics, generic as they are. I adore those lower thirds, which are traditional but shine in the unusual construction. And I'm shocked more stations haven't gone with a bug like KTLA's new one, which honestly looks really cool.

And the new music is unmistakably by 615. Which begs the question - is Trib in a group contract with them? A number of Tribune stations switched to 615 packs lately...

Archived