Any word on Ushery?

nynewsguy

IIRC, He did all the 5pm newcasts solo last week, so I don't know why you think he's been off the past week. It was stated that Ushery will stay in an article I read.

I meant that I have been off the past week, and this week, so I'm out of the loop not being in the office.

WNBC would be smart to stick him back on the weekends anchoring the evening newscasts and moving DeMarco Morgan to the field. It would be just for the time being because Chuck is probably going to be gone from the station or will take a work load reduction within the next few years, so David is probably going to fill his position. Either that, or do what someone else mentioned, and move Michael Gargiulo and Erika Tarantal to weekend evenings and have David anchor Today in New York with Darlene Rodriguez. Either way, it would work out, but I think it would be a huge slap in the face to David Ushery if they let him go since he has appeared to be the front-runner to suceed Chuck.

Archived