9/11 News Coverage

Vlad

Well, believe it or not, it has been 8 years since the horrible, and unbelievable events of September 11, 2001 took place. A day that no one will ever forget. So the coverage occurs yet again so I thought we can discuss the upcoming events here on this thread.

Local Stations Covering The Events:

ALL NEW YORK STATIONS WILL COVER THE EVENTS

WABC is starting tomorrow at 8:24am and lead anchors, Bill Ritter and Liz Cho will be at Ground Zero, covering the memorial service, thus ending Good Morning America early.

WNYW is starting at 8:00am, assuming, perhaps with the regular Good Day New York Team, Rosanna Scotto and Greg Kelly, correct me if I'm wrong.

WNBC will begin at 8:30am (perhaps before) since the events took place at 8:28am, and thus ending the Today Show early. My assumption are perhaps morning anchors Darlene Rodriguez and Michael Garguillo will anchor, correct me if I'm wrong.

WCBS will more than likely start their coverage at 8:30am although the guides say 9:00am. I'm assuming Maurice DuBois and Kate Sullivan will anchor, once again correct me if I'm wrong.

WWOR will probably simulcast WNYW's coverage, as they did last year.

WPIX will start at 8:30am although the guide states they will begin at 9:00am. (once again since the events took place at 8:28 it will likely start earlier). Since Sukanya Krishnan, (whom by the way witnessed the attacks as she was anchoring and reporting on the morning of the attacks), will not participate since she is on maternity leave, Tamsen Fadal may fill in along with John Muller, once again please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm assuming WNJU and WXTV will also cover the events.

Post your thoughts and pictures here. I find it hard to believe that its already been 8 years, time flies.

I noticed the pool feed was 16:9 this year.

The first story on WCBS and WNBC was 9/11 Ceremony.

WABC went with Jeter getting the all time Yankee hit record.

That's awful. I understand that the stations don't want to broadcast the ceremony every year, one station should do it each year. That's fine, but they all should cover it as the top story on their newscast...

What? WABC had the least info on their graphics during the ceremony. Only the names. WCBS and WNBC both had names, towns and ages.

I believe WABC had shown the pictures of the deceased, not sure about the other stations...

Archived