Alycia Lane hired by KNBC

FJ2000

Alycia Lane has landed as a weekend anchor and reporter at KNBC in Los Angeles. She starts tomorrow.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/homepage/20090818_ALYCIA_LANE_LANDS_ANCHOR_JOB_IN_LOS_ANGELES.html

In a coincidence, after many years in Philadelphia, I move to Los Angeles tomorrow. So I will definitely be watching to see how she fits in.

I had a feeling she'd land on her feet, so it's good to see that she's gotten another job in a big market. Hopefully the situation in Los Angeles will be much less toxic than the situation in Philadelphia.

while i hope that she is OK in LA, i have a strong feeling that we haven't seen the end of her pictures/name in the spotlight. I see actress/model in her future. She went from Philly, a star craved city who treats its media personalities like celebrities, to LA, the home of celebrities and whack jobs.

I think a lot of us saw LA in her future a longgg time ago.

Just a thought.

while i hope that she is OK in LA, i have a strong feeling that we haven't seen the end of her pictures/name in the spotlight. I see actress/model in her future. She went from Philly, a star craved city who treats its media personalities like celebrities, to LA, the home of celebrities and whack jobs.

I think a lot of us saw LA in her future a longgg time ago.

Just a thought.

I could see her doing Extra, ET, or something like that at some point.

Her boyfriend Chris Booker got a gig out there ahead of her. He's a grounded 'nice guy' so we'll see if she goes the kids route, or gets seduced by something. A friend of mine knows them and claims she's mellowed quite a bit with him.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/homepage/53580937.html

I could see her doing Extra, ET, or something like that at some point.

Her boyfriend Chris Booker got a gig out there ahead of her. He's a grounded 'nice guy' so we'll see if she goes the kids route, or gets seduced by something. A friend of mine knows them and claims she's mellowed quite a bit with him.

http://www.philly.com/philly/news/homepage/53580937.html

I agree with you 100%. I've had the opportunity to meet and chat with her a few times at both the station and at different events over the years and like you, we have some mutual friends. I've said on here in the past I can see why people would say she is a bit "extreme," however every time I met her I had a pleasant experience. It would do her well to settle down soon, get married, and start a family. In Hollywood, they are not always interested in the married mom with a stable relationship at work and at home so hopefully she'll ditch the "Latina bombshell" persona many know her as in Philly.

Whoaa. She looks... different. What's with the obvious extensions, it's not even like they were trying to be discreet about it. I'm convinced it's the lighting because the Alycia Lane I knew did not look like that at all, she was a lot prettier than that. I mean it's only snap shots but she looks beaten down in all three pictures. She's no longer the Latina bombshell she's a cougar!

I've always thought the local news in LA is not as good as Philly and I think this goes to show that. I wish her all the best, though.

Archived