New PVI building, set ready Sept 20th

sfomspphl

I can say that the graphics looked way better on the 11pm tonight than they did last night. Kerning seemed better and they were doing a lot of fancy video stuff with the VizRT such as ESPN-like "VS" animations for sports.

That said they might need to cool it with the animations.

THE LEGAL ID ANIMATES.

--And, I know it's a small nitpick but... they moved the patio?!?! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Yeah I hate the new spot. Boring, and quite. At night there isn't even a point to going out there, because all you see is black in the background, but even during the day its nothing special

Well, there goes my life goal of getting my car on TV. =[

NBC10 sometimes does weather from their patio. Not as good as the one ch6 had (can't hear the honkers), but you can see the cars in the distance. I guess NBC19 now has the best one. CBS3's skydeck shot is kinda boring too when there isn't any storms.

I'm pretty sure your car would get on TV - maybe even make the A-block - if you drove it up to the new building...

The new spot looks very isolated. Its not facing the old building, or Monument Rd (The Target). I think it must be the opposite side of the Target.

They keep moving the location a bit. You can see some cars driving by but not too much and you can see the outdoor picnic chairs. I think it IS on the Target side of the building but positioned so you can't see the Target, which is understandable because there's no trees, just big shopping center. At least you can still *hear* the honkers.

I think there's a good reason why they moved it. The old patio was located pretty close to the old studio. And that studio will be demolished for a new chopper landing area. To accomodate the demolition, they probably had no choice. HOPEFULLY that means the move is temporary.

LOTS of gremlins on today's 5pm news. Random footage keeps playing when it shouldn't, the wrong l3s or elements keep popping up, music doesn't play when it should (they've been on automation for awhile - painfully illustrated during the Gary Papa tributes - but seemed to have worked things out.)

They keep moving the location a bit. You can see some cars driving by but not too much and you can see the outdoor picnic chairs. I think it IS on the Target side of the building but positioned so you can't see the Target, which is understandable because there's no trees, just big shopping center. At least you can still *hear* the honkers.

I think there's a good reason why they moved it. The old patio was located pretty close to the old studio. And that studio will be demolished for a new chopper landing area. To accomodate the demolition, they probably had no choice. HOPEFULLY that means the move is temporary.

I'm gonna have to take a drive by the building (hopefully I can get into the college of osteopathic medicine parking lot freely, so I can see the otherside of the new building)

Even without the demolition, I don't think they could keep the old spot. Wouldn't be a problem in the afternoon, but the tight spots in the morning would make it impossible to go back and forth that distance. Unless maybe the security guard drove them over in a golf cart.

Maybe when the old building is gone they can position the shot towards City Line, but still be standing outside the new building.

Archived