WPMT FOX 43 goes O&O

stevieboy247

Is it just me or is it MANDATORY that Fox affiliates don the O&O look and music? THis goes along with the theory of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it." But again, WPMT needed a graphics overhaul. They're joining the ranks of WTIC and WXIN in using the O&O music and/or graphics. Just don't mess with Q13. I'd hate to see what the graphics would look like if KCPQ were O&O-ified.

Is it just me or is it MANDATORY that Fox affiliates don the O&O look and music? THis goes along with the theory of "if it ain't broke' date=' don't fix it." But again, WPMT needed a graphics overhaul. They're joining the ranks of WTIC and WXIN in using the O&O music and/or graphics. Just don't mess with Q13. I'd hate to see what the graphics would look like if KCPQ were O&O-ified.[/quote']

Agreed about the graphics, although the O&O music package is probably an improvement over the current version of The One and Only they're using.

Well, color me a bit surprised. I was watching NBC last night, and didn't know about this til now.

The new gfx looks alright, even though I never have been a fan of the FOX O&O package. But, at least they have better gfx than ABC27. Which is and was in more of a need of a gfx overhaul than FOX43 ever was.

-- Matt

EDIT: Here is some set de-construction and construction photos:

http://www.fox43.com/entertainment/photos/wpmt-station-new-set,0,3549808.photogallery

Overall, lookin nice :awesome:

if you click on any video on fox43.com and click on the FOX 43 Open and New Graphics video on the playlist. It plays an eerie theme for the playground story after the open. That Theme as well as Liquid Blade and Emergency Beat are the most used production music. If any of you can recognize it the theme or happen to know the name of it, it would be great thanks. I've been looking for that theme and cant find it on southernmedia.

Archived