29 Adopts New O&O Graphics Halfway

Jess

Note the "halfway" bit.

Opens and all animations are now the new O&O graphics, customized to feature some of the Fox 29 promo elements that have been running lately. Good Day features nice yellow/gold graphics, unique from everything else, and a nice new logo that recalls the original Good Day logo from 1996.

However, lower thirds, full screens, and OTS graphics are still the old O&O stuff... and I'm surprised they're not clashing too badly.

I like the new graphics. They're sleek and somewhat eye-catching. Like the thread says, they've adopted the graphics half-way. Once all the graphics have been instated, it'll look much better. I first saw these graphics on FOX 5 (WNYW) when I was in New York in March. They looked good there, and they look good here.

• 2 weeks later...

Now it's all the way. Everything has been changed to the new look.

I think the Fox O&O graphics hub launched, as a few stations seem to have changed to this style today.

Some of the former O&O's are using some bizarre versions of the HD look. For example, KTVI is using some bizarre L3's I haven't seen another station use.

Speaking of HD stations, somebody want to explain why WTXF's anagram sister WXTF looks so damn cheap?

Some of the former O&O's are using some bizarre versions of the HD look. For example, KTVI is using some bizarre L3's I haven't seen another station use.

Speaking of HD stations, somebody want to explain why WTXF's anagram sister WXTF looks so damn cheap?

Tell me about it. KDVR uses the FOX O&O HD graphics and logo, but their searchlights on the "31" part of the logo doesn't move anymore. Everything about them screams "O&O" expect their website template and stationary logo. It's so bizarre for sure because I'm like, why doesn't their searchlight move?

Archived