The End is near.....

ColumbusNewsFan

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WMC, WHBQ, and WPTY in Memphis will be shutting their signals off at 12:01AM this evening (which would be early Friday morning), mainly because they'll be moving back to their regular channel positions at the time (in the case of WMC and WHBQ). WREG will be shutting theirs off at 9:25AM. WLMT and WKNO are already broadcasting in digital only.

I'm not in Nashville (obviously), so I don't know when WKRN, WSMV, and WTVF will be turning off their signals.

Here in Knoxville...all of the following stations will switch to DTV on June 12, 2009:

* WBIR-TV 10 (NBC) - Now broadcasting a digital signal (12:37am)

* WVLT-TV 8 (CBS) - 1:00pm

* WATE-TV 6 (ABC) - 11:59pm

* WTNZ-TV 43 (FOX) - 6:00pm

* WBXX-TV 20 (CW) - Between 6:00am and 12:00pm

* WPXK-TV 54 (ION) - Not sure when they switch

- WMAK-DT 7, the independent station serving Knoxville, has been broadcasting a digital-only signal since their sign-on in July 2004.

- WETP-TV 2 and WKOP-TV 15, the PBS affiliate for East Tennessee, has already made the switch to digital due to equipment failure on its analog signal.

I forgot to add this when I posted it the first time.

WCMH, WSYX and WBNS in Columbus will end analog at 11:59pm but WCMH has already went to broadcating DTV Info on there analog station. They are pretty much broadcasting in digital. The Cleveland stations are turning off there stations at 10am.

so far WHYY will shut off thier signals at 12pm, KYW and WPSG has said that they're going at 12:30pm and WPVI will be going 15 mins earlier at 12:15pm. Everything else I don't know but I'm assuming they're pulling the plug either tonight at 12am or tomorrow night

I'm already throwing a party tomorrow now that the DTV transistion is happening

Milwaukee:

WMVS and WMVT are going off at 9AM and will air their original sign-on.

WTMJ will cut to a info slide at 12:10 and they will sign off at 2PM (With the engineer who turned on the signal in 1947 flipping the switch).

WISN is going off at Noon (With Chicago, because WBBM takes over channel 12 for DTV).

WITI has said (in a period of a few days) 9AM, 11:30AM, and now also 11:59PM with historical video. They will air a two-week nightlight.

WDJT will begin simulcast on WUTU starting at 9AM (They're doing some "Digital Lifeline" thing) and will sign off at 11:59PM, likely with someone recalling the purchase of the transmitter 10 years ago.

KYW - 12:30pm, WBPH - 2:00pm, WCAU - 12:01pm, WFMZ - 11:59pm, WHYY - Noon, WNJT - 12:01pm, WNJS - 12:01pm, WPHL - 12:01pm, WPPX - 11:59pm, WPSG - 12:30pm, WPVI - 12:30pm, WTXF - 12:30pm, WUVP - 1:00pm, WYBE - 12:01pm

WRTV signed off today (there's a video on theINDYchannel.com),

WTHR will sign off at 1pm tomorrow.

WTHI will sign off at 9am.

WISH at 8am will switch to an infomerical describing how to re-program tvs (or something) then at 11:59pm they will signoff.

In New Orleans:

WVUE made the switch in December '08.

WWL and WDSU shuts down at 11:59 pm Friday night. However, both will keep their analog signals for 30 days after Friday for emergency broadcasts only. Otherwise, it will show loops of Oprah and Ellen, respectively.

No word on what time WGNO will convert.

Just under 12,000 homes - or 1.94 percent of viewers - in the New Orleans area aren't prepared for the switch, according to the FCC.

Friday edit: WGNO 9 am.

In Baton Rouge:

WAFB will make the switch at 7 am Friday morning.

WBRZ 11:59 pm

WVLA and WGMB 12:30 pm

Louisiana Public Broadcasting and it's affiliates 7 am

Lafayette/Lake Charles:

KATC 10 am

KLFY 10 am

KPLC 11:30 am

KADN 10 am

Shreveport

KSLA switches at 12:01 am Friday.

KTBS at 11:59 pm

KTAL not sure.

WLOX will switch at midnight.

UPDATE: WBIR-TV 10 news anchor Robin Wilhoit told viewers at 12:37am about the DTV switch that took place. Right now...10 Weather Plus, WBIR's weather subchannel, is off-air at the moment. They will be back on once the signal comes in.

I have digital cable so WBIR is coming in fine.

In Buffalo...

--WUTV (Fox), WNED (PBS) and WNYB (religious) have already shut off their analog signals.

--WIVB (CBS) and WNLO (CW) will shut off their signals at 9am.

--WNYO (MyTV) will shut off its signal at 11:59pm.

--WGRZ (NBC) and WKBW (ABC) have not specified what time they will shut their analog signals off...don't be surprised if they follow WIVB/WNLO's lead and does so at 9am as well.

Here in Fairbanks, KTVF (NBC) and (I think) KXD (CBS) will shut off at midnight.

KUAC's (PBS) will be 12:01 pm tomorrow.

Dunno about ABC Alaska's Superstation, but KJNP (TBN) and KFXF (Fox) have already shut off their signals.

I was just reading the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, and stations here are supposed to do a coordinated shut down of analog signals at 12:01 am.

Yep, KDNL did theirs back in February but all the other St. Louis stations shut down at 12:01. The only full power analog signal still running now is from KSDK which is running a program about what to do since your tv is not DTV ready.

In Phoenix:

KTVK (3)/KASW (61) – 12:01 AM, June 12

KNXV (15) – 12:01 AM, June 12

KSAZ (10)/KUTP (45) - 8:30 AM, June 12

KPNX (12) – 10:12 PM, June 12

KPHO (5) – 11:59 PM, June 12

I have no clue what possessed 12 and 10 to switch off in the middle of their respective late and morning newscasts...

3 and 5 will run nightlight analog signals for 30 days following the switch.

In Phoenix:

KTVK (3)/KASW (61) – 12:01 AM, June 12

KNXV (15) – 12:01 AM, June 12

KSAZ (10)/KUTP (45) - 8:30 AM, June 12

KPNX (12) – 10:12 PM, June 12

KPHO (5) – 11:59 PM, June 12

I have no clue what possessed 12 and 10 to switch off in the middle of their respective late and morning newscasts...

3 and 5 will run nightlight analog signals for 30 days following the switch.

They'll probably incorporate the shutoff into the newscasts. A lot of stations have done that already.

In Richmond:

WWBT (NBC) and WUPV (CW): 4am

WTVR (CBS): Maybe later today?

WRIC (ABC): 10am

WRLH (FOX) switched in February, while WCVE and WCVW (PBS) switched in March.

UPDATE (12:02pm): WTVR made the switch two minutes ago.

KYW - 12:30pm, WBPH - 2:00pm, WCAU - 12:01pm, WFMZ - 11:59pm, WHYY - Noon, WNJT - 12:01pm, WNJS - 12:01pm, WPHL - 12:01pm, WPPX - 11:59pm, WPSG - 12:30pm, WPVI - 12:30pm, WTXF - 12:30pm, WUVP - 1:00pm, WYBE - 12:01pm

WPVI is actually shutting down at 12:15PM for some reason.

WPVI is actually shutting down at 12:15PM for some reason.

I think the reason that they're going digital 15 minutes early is to swap the analog signal to digital on channel 6

for those who did not see what happened WHYY, WCAU and WPHL are now digital as of 12:01pm

UPDATED: phase 2 has occurred WTXF, WPSG, KYW and WPVI are now digital as of 12:30pm

UODATE 2: WYBE and WFMZ are now digital(DTV Transition in philly is now over (All stations digital))

Archived