Full 1991 Headline News Package on TVPMM

Jess

Also wanted to note that on the same page they have a couple of "Promo Reel" themes - that's actually the themes they used for bumpers in the mid/late 90s. If nothing else, listen to cut 1 of that - it's absolutely magnificent and majestic.

I'd disagree with the Gari/615/Arnold calls, actually. What makes this site great is all the rare stuff that's been donated to it, like the Headline News theme and the Scooby-Doo Where Are You mixdowns (!). I'd hate for it to get cluttered up with random demo reels of mundane packages like Indie-Bland News.

I'd disagree with the Gari/615/Arnold calls, actually. What makes this site great is all the rare stuff that's been donated to it, like the Headline News theme and the Scooby-Doo Where Are You mixdowns (!). I'd hate for it to get cluttered up with random demo reels of mundane packages like Indie-Bland News.

I agree... I love hearing the variety of network promo cuts. I really want to see the "You're on CBS" theme music up there.

Early stuff maybe. I don't know if you'd see anything currently being syndicated out, and certainly not full packages (Tower, NBC Stations, WCBS Grand, and PNP are all on there but all have a few cuts each).

What about the first packages that were released by those companies, etc i.e, Catch 5, Hello News, Togheter, and so on?

Some of the big ones like Hello News would definitely be notable, especially if someone has clean cuts of the promo since that is what a lot of people would identify with. Also any of the themes of any big stations, or any that have a history behind them... like the WGN and WPIX Non-Stop themes.

I really want to hear the Arnold Headline News package again... that was a good one.

Beautiful stuff. Most of the main opens and closes are quite memorable, and many of the cues are interesting as well.

One question----who is Charles Loeb?? He's credited for creating the package. Was/is he one of Score Productions' many staff composers, or was he perhaps an independent composer [meaning that this was not a Score job]? Hmm. I do know TVPMM's webmaster has been trying to attribute the Score works to their actual composers [e.g. Charles Fox, Ken Bichel, etc].

Loeb is credited with the CNN Promo reel and the Larry King Live theme uploaded to the site as well.

My uneducated guess is that Loeb might have been an independent composer or even a staff composer for CNN. My guess would be the latter. If you listen to enough compositions you can tell who it is by sound. The CNN compositions by this time don't sound particularly like Score... but they *all* sound related to each other.

Israel/Score, granted, did do some work for HLN, as credited on the site, but it looks like it was probably one of the later or even earlier revisions. 1991 actually sounds right for this package as they appear to have rotated some cuts around.

Archived