WWJ 1977

10Viewer

Do you have any more information about WWJ's music in the late '70s?? Seems like they had quite a variety of music. Can't really pinpoint what their "main news theme" was, although there is part of a 1978 open on one of those videos that has a noticeable string section.

Do you have any more information about WWJ's music in the late '70s?? Seems like they had quite a variety of music. Can't really pinpoint what their "main news theme" was, although there is part of a 1978 open on one of those videos that has a noticeable string section.

That was the last package that channel 4 used under Detroit News (AKA Evening News Association) ownership. It, and the "we're 4 Detroit" ID that preceded it were done in-house, I believe. I sense that WWJ management knew that when Post-Newsweek took over ownership (as WDIV) that they would introduce Klein&'s "We're 4" package.

Of course, I may be mistaken.

Archived