Its VERY COLD Outside!!!

Vlad

Well, most of you guys may already know this but it was EXTREMELY COLD this morning and it still is, as I'm writing this message it is only 13° F outside at this moment, this is the coldest it has been in over 2 years. I have to go to work in it today, lol. How are you guys coping with this weather?

-Vlad

Well, most of you guys may already know this but it was EXTREMELY COLD this morning and it still is, as I'm writing this message it is only 13° F outside at this moment, this is the coldest it has been in over 2 years. I have to go to work in it today, lol. How are you guys coping with this weather?

-Vlad

Being that I equally froze my balls of this morning going to work (it's 9 here in Philly now according to some weather sources with the high going up to a balmy 26), so I have no sympathy for ya.

I'm finding anyway I can keep warm. For instance, wearing layers. I can't believe that it really is the coldest weather in over 2 years. I woke up to Eyewitness News This Morning, viewing that it was 8 degrees at around 6 a.m. I knew it was going to be really cold but I didn't think it was that cold.

-Vlad

John Elliott this morning said that the last time it was this cold was January 27-28, 2005... 1 day short of two years. He also explained why WCBS needed to put a pointless plus sign in front of the 9 degrees on the bug... and read the wind chills a couple dozen times a quarter hour.

But yes, it was quite cold. Funny how we have such a mild winter, and then we get the coldest temps in ages.

seriously... as long as you're wearing pants, a heavy jacket, gloves and *maybe* a hat, you'll be fine if you attempt to venture outside. ::)

I stay warm by staying inside as much as I can. :-)

What was Elliott's reasoning for the plus sign in front of the temperature? I did a double-take when I saw that the other morning.

John Elliott is the corniest cornball i've ever seen on TV. I actually now Miss Dave Price.

Just to show everyone how EXTREME the weather has been this month alone.

On January 6th, 2007:

New York City, NY

High: 70° F (Highest Temperature Ever Recorded In January)

Low: 54° F

And Then Nineteen Days Later:

On January 25, 2007:

New York City, NY

High: 21° F

Low: 9° F (Lowest Temperature in 2 Years)

INSANE WEATHER!!!, lol

-Vlad

On January 6th, 2007:

New York City, NY

Please don't hate me, but I have to correct you again. This month we have not set any new records, but we have been close. The record high for January is 72 degrees on January 26, 1950. Also on 1/14/1932 it was 70 degrees. (source: wunderground.com).

But yeah... this month is off the wall crazy. I would like to see some snow accumulate though at some point. It won't be winter without at least one good snowfall.

On January 6th, 2007:

New York City, NY

Please don't hate me, ...............................I would like to see some snow accumulate though at some point. It won't be winter without at least one good snowfall.

Then go somewhere else or come and shovel my sidewalk when it gets here

seriously... as long as you're wearing pants, a heavy jacket, gloves and *maybe* a hat, you'll be fine if you attempt to venture outside. ::)

Well it's not the cold that gets ya, its the shock to the system that majes it really bad. Keep in mind we were seeing temps in the 70s just two week ago.

We have had too many bonus days this winter already to complain about one abnormally cold day so far. It is winter afterall and I am sure we will get some snow. I welcome it because I like how the local media treats 3 inches of snow like some major catastrophe.

-Vlad

you lower 48'ers are wimps, if we are above 0 we are doin good

-Vlad

you lower 48'ers are wimps, if we are above 0 we are doin good

Well you Alaskans are used to this type of biting weather, lol. Its just a way to go offtopic for a change within the New York Local Forums, since we are always talking about WCBS and WABC all the time.... ::)

-Vlad

Archived