Storm Field out at 9, Puente his replacement

NYnewsFan

If he was let go a little earlier maybe ABC7 would have picked him up for their weekend weather opening...

Keep something in mind here -

1) Elliott "Storm" Field left the job Sam Champion ended up getting on WABC after he decided to go to LA to pursue a career in comedic acting. Obviously, it never happened.

2) Storm had no formal training in meteorology. He actually attended optometry school. I only know this because he graduated with my uncle back in the 60's.

3) There's no way Storm would end up on 2, 4, 5, 7... he was a hit in the 80's - and now in 2007 is a mere thread of his former self. He's out of shape, turning gray, and showing his age. This is New York - looks rule. We all know it.

4) Only reason Storm even got into weather in New York was because of his father. If it wasn't for him, Elliott would probably be fitting people for frames at your local Lenscrafters.

I see your point, but still.

Watched WWOR this evening. Audrey looked kind of pale to me, maybe it was WWOR make-up artist's fault. However, i'm surprised by WWOR's weather graphics, they really improved since the last time i saw them. Audrey seemed to have had more energy than she did at WCBS. She seemed to be a perfect fit at WWOR, your thoughts?

Ill have to agree..

So I missed Audrey last night, but I'm watching tonight.

1) Tonight, Audrey looks horrible. Honestly, whatever it is that she is wearing, it's atrocious.

2) Wow you guys think that Rosanna Scotto yells.... my god Brenda Blackman... honestly! She's driving me nuts. Harry too.

3) Wow WWOR has a lot of reporters. I think I've seen 9-12 reporters in the first 25 minutes. The broadcast actually isn't that bad. Not like Fox 5 with the stupid stunts they pull with the viewers (like emailing them). They actually look decent, despite their reporters not being top notch.

4) WCBS is to WWOR as WNBC is to WWOR. I forgot Jennifer Jordan went to WWOR. That makes four WCBS personalities (Jennifer, Lynda, Audrey, Vanessa).

5) I noticed that My 9 in their promos for their website use Safari and Firefox as browsers. I think they should pick one. Sorry, I like uniformity.

6) Need to lay off that annoying font they use on everything. The "e" is killing me.

I don't know.. but I think I'll watch WWOR more than WNYW from now on.

I decided to flip to channel 9 to see Audrey. I just caught a weather tease so far. That outfit is interesting. A lot less conservative than what she was wearing on 2. It's black (shocking) but maybe she feels liberated not being involved with WCBS any longer. I would let loose as well. Their newscast is far from awful. I put on channel 11 first if I am home at 10, but I flip between the three of them. I have to pay attention to Brenda screaming. I can't believe someone could be as bad as Rosanna.

I think FOX 5 News at 10 is becoming worse than My 9 or CBS 2. am getting tired of hearing about 24 and American Idol. That's not news. Also, Reshiea Canidate is horrible as a sports reporter, she makes too many mistakes. Fox 5 should have kept John Discepolo. He was solid as the main sports anchor. CW11 News is the best at 10 right now. They air mostly hard news and have a quality newscast.

I literally caught the last 5 seconds of last night's newscast and noticed-

1- Audrey in Black ( what a surprise). Does she feel she needs to wear black

to appear slender on camera.

2- The desk seems so small for 4 people that Audrey's body was sticking out from behind the desk. This was something you never saw at Ch 2.

Archived