"i" Changing its Name Again

Ntropolis

The constant name changes of Pax/I/Ion reminds me of an old saying my granny used to tell me:

"No matter how many bottles of perfume you spray on a pile of crap, its still gonna be crap."

BTW, at a little over a dollar a share, we could all band together and by us a network! ;D

matt.

Wasted potential. I used to watch it a lot when they aired Doc, Sue Thomas, F.B.Eye, rebroadcasts from WAVY, and the first few seasons of America's Funniest Home Videos.

Now the only thing I watch on "?" (good idea, AceHawk447) are reruns of Growing Pains.

As soon as they get this straight, here's a memo for these guys..."STOP BEING SO CHEAP!!!"

if they do it right, they could become one of the top networks (like if they have original shows with good writing, local newscasts, etc.) I'm not really expecting it to happen, but its a possibility.

They aren't available OTA in a good portion of the country.....

Primary Example: St. Louis.

WPXS was the PAX/i affiliate in St. Louis up until 2004. K51FT, the translator for St. Louis (WPXS serves Paducah, KY and Cape Giradeau, MO) flipped to RTN and Daystar, respectively last year. Channel 51 carried the RTN signal until last November, when Daystar took over.

Which further complicates the problem. PAX/i/Ion owned WPXS, but not K51FT (originally K40TV). Daystar owns Channel 51.

The ratings for WPXS/K51FT are low to begin with (even lower than KDNL), and even with a must carry in Market 21, the traditional NBC O&O/affiliate agreement with PAX affiliates never materialized here.

Further, not having and OTA station in a top 25 market is ridiculous. What ever ratings they are getting, by not having a station in St. Louis, they lose out on a potential 1.5 million sets.

if they do it right, they could become one of the top networks (like if they have original shows with good writing, local newscasts, etc.) I'm not really expecting it to happen, but its a possibility.

They aren't available OTA in a good portion of the country.....

Primary Example: St. Louis.

WPXS was the PAX/i affiliate in St. Louis up until 2004. K51FT, the translator for St. Louis (WPXS serves Paducah, KY and Cape Giradeau, MO) flipped to RTN and Daystar, respectively last year. Channel 51 carried the RTN signal until last November, when Daystar took over.

Which further complicates the problem. PAX/i/Ion owned WPXS, but not K51FT (originally K40TV). Daystar owns Channel 51.

The ratings for WPXS/K51FT are low to begin with (even lower than KDNL), and even with a must carry in Market 21, the traditional NBC O&O/affiliate agreement with PAX affiliates never materialized here.

Further, not having and OTA station in a top 25 market is ridiculous. What ever ratings they are getting, by not having a station in St. Louis, they lose out on a potential 1.5 million sets.

I thought it was KUMO-LP.....

It is. NYTimes for you. I can never remember the calls for Channel 51. Thanks. Aside from that goof, you get what I mean, right?

From what I can find, that information is incorrect. Filings on the FCC site indicate that Paxson sold WPXS to Equity Broadcasting in 2001, and it was Equity that had a falling out with Paxson and dropped PAX for RTN.

I'm not sure what the situation is now, but I believe KUMO-LP is showing Daystar and I have no idea what WPXS is doing. I think these filings mean that WPXS has been sold to Daystar.

- Trip

Wasted potential. I used to watch it a lot when they aired Doc, Sue Thomas, F.B.Eye, rebroadcasts from WAVY, and the first few seasons of America's Funniest Home Videos.

Now the only thing I watch on "?" (good idea, AceHawk447) are reruns of Growing Pains.

As soon as they get this straight, here's a memo for these guys..."STOP BEING SO CHEAP!!!"

Or if they don't do that, then just spin the stations off and have them as an umbrella organizations, but the stations are basically independent in programming.

Archived