Screenshots of KHOU set updates.

HoustonNews

Here are some screenshots of KHOU's set update and some graphic shots for you as well.

I'm also uploading a YouTube video to go along with this as well. I'll post the link to it later.

Picture1-4.jpg

Picture1-3.jpg

New lighting along the top of the back wall.

Picture2-4.jpg

Same purple CBS logo.

Picture3-2.jpg

Picture4-3.jpg

New background on the left side. (with OTS graphic)

Picture5-2.jpg

Without OTS.

Picture6-2.jpg

Picture7-1.jpg

Updated left half of set. No more "weather wall."

Picture9-1.jpg

Picture8-2.jpg

Picture10-2.jpg

New green wall added.

Picture11-2.jpg

I guess there goes all hope for a much-needed new set.

I don't think a totally new set is needed. I think this one works fine with a little modification. It's a great set. I personally think it's the best in the market. At the same time, it's the oldest.

I don't think a totally new set is needed. I think this one works fine with a little modification. It's a great set. I personally think it's the best in the market. At the same time, it's the oldest.

It's not a bad update. The three plasma video screens behind Greg look nice on the close-up, but look kinda cheesy when they appear in the two-shot (or three-shot, in the case of weather).

An update on KHOU's HD status.

It appears that their graphics are now in HD. Some graphics are just stretched out to fit the HD format, but most are totally in HD. I'm not sure weather or not the newscasts are entirely in HD now or not, but everything definitely will be by Sunday.

Too bad I don't have a wide screen HDTV to experience it. :(

I have to disagree with you. I think this is one of the best sets that Modular Broadcast Design has built. The crystal cityscape is beautiful.

matt.

Archived