615 Music new website

Ntropolis

Hate it. Searching for production music on that site is a nightmare now.

I still havn't figured out how to audition production library cuts. Any help?

There is a big box on the home page that says "Music Search and Download". It's also under the 'Music Libraries' tab.

Or you can just go to search.615music.com

I want to be able to search by certain criteria, like mood, that all the other sites allow, and there appears to be no such function on the new site.

The old 615 site was the easiest site to move around of all the music companies.

The new site... not so much.

I want to be able to search by certain criteria, like mood, that all the other sites allow, and there appears to be no such function on the new site.

The old 615 site was the easiest site to move around of all the music companies.

The new site... not so much.

Hi RJ, we've gone back and forth with having a list of moods on the page that people can use to browse. Our initial list had over 100 different moods on it and was growing with our long list of new discs and libraries.

We've replaced the list with a simple 'google-like' bar where you can type in any mood you would like to see.

For example "happy" comes up with 561 songs. Also, if you click on any word in a description a new search will happen for that word. You can save favorite searches, easily drag and drop playlists, download high res AIFF files or MP3's, or change the view in multiple ways.

At any point if you see an interesting word, composer, or disc title you just click on it and a new search happens. Clicking on "Advanced" opens up yet another world of search options including being to exclude terms from a search . .

Also, if you hover the mouse over any button it will tell you what it does. It will take a few minutes to get used to but I've found it to be a HUGE improvement over our old system.

i don't like it.

plus, all the packages are not on there.

such as InSink V.4 , and the one that WTVF uses.

I've got great news!!

I just went on the new 615 site, and those packages have now been transferred there!

In fact, I'm very happy they've brought back WTVF's "Impact V.5"!! It's one of my faves!:(

I'm also happy that KCBS's "Newstime" updates and the ones to KCAL's "Newsforce" are now reflected as well. I'm from the LA area, and it was wierd seeing CBS 2 use their updated music, yet not seeing it reflected on an even newer 615 Music webpage.

• 2 weeks later...

It's kinda awesome -- and strange -- to hear "USA News" in that good of a quality. That, to me, is the definitive theme for WUSA. I'm kinda surprised to see 615 still promoting it on their website, having not heard it on TV in over a decade. Do stations still seriously consider that one for use? It is even beginning to sound dated to me. That said, that old USA News theme -- even as old as it is -- sounds much much better than the Gannett standardized them they're using today.

Archived