ABC logo has a new rival?

Andy B

I have to say that BBC America's new logo and ABC's logo are very similar, here's what I mean:

http://www.mocean.tv/

1) Wait for it to load

2) Click on the matchstick

3) Click Broadcast

4) Click BBC America rebrand

5) Click the right hand side, then video will play.

Okay, the OLD ABC logo actually, but still, those new idents are just AWESOME! Oh yeah, Mocean's website is da bomb, and they have good music tastes... :D

Holy shit.

I think this is the best-looking channel presentation I've seen in at LEAST five years. And that ident is beautiful!

Agree with you on that. And thanks, zas1977, for posting that youtube. If there's one thing I hate it's overproduced websites that don't give you a clue as to how to navigate.

• 2 weeks later...
Okay' date=' the OLD ABC logo actually, ... [/quote']

If you're thinking back to that "A" logo ABC used back in the 50s, not quite.

Actually, it looks like they took the "B" from the current ABC logo (it has a slightly lower extender than the ond one), I can see the resemblance.

At least the Beeb is using it alongside their corporate logo. They have to. It wouldn't be the BBC without it (and it fends off the suits at Disney who might think that "A" thing is too similar to theirs).

Archived