NY1 News at Eleven, Debuts Tonight

Guest zas1977

NY1 News at 11 wasn't too exciting and cannot compete with the big guys WCBS, WNBC and WABC.

It's not supposed nor do they want to. I'm paraphrasing a quote from Steve Paulus the news director- we have no intention of doing news like the big guys if you can call it that. We're going to be straight shooters. There will be no place for "deadly salad bars" or "if it bleeds it leads" type stories.

I believe he was taking a direct pot shot at CBS2. :D

NY1 still has the worst anchors. They are awful. News 12 Long Island puts out a much better product. I didn't think that was possible. I understand the newscast is supposed to be an alternative to what viewers are used to at 11 but it is still a watered down version and the result is you get better reported stories from 2, 4 and 7.

Well again, I'm led to believe by their own press releases that they are not looking for glitz or glitter (and they proved that ;) ) But if you listen to the Wragge/Johnson banter these days, you can cringe and feel physically sick. We don't need any more of that cr&p.

But I definitely agree with you that News12 puts out a better product and the LI group is leading the way by hiring or at least frequent freelancing by some known names in the market to make the product better.

Lately, I've seen Trish Bergin, Ted David, Craig Allen etc to work alongside some that have been there for more than 20 years. Try saying that about CBS2 personel with their yearly turnovers >:(

Archived