New look coming to MSNBC Monday, 1/26

caliwxdude

Per TVNewser: MSNBC will be getting a new graphics package come tomorrow, Monday, January 26. Apparently they won't be following CNN's lead and dumping the crawl, but we'll have to see what changes are in store.

Head over to the TVNewser website to read a bit more, including some more details on what the new changes might be.

Hard to believe they have had the "angle" graphics for almost two and a half years already.

Not much of a change...as the TV Newser story said just a "refresh". Looks like they have added an American flag-style graphic to the bottom left hand corner, as well as to the transitional and full-screen graphics.

The background on the L3's have been changed, too, from a light gray/white to a beige-ish color.

this is much a do about nothing, and those lines red, blue, yellow transitions, sort of look like what those new WNBC graphics are I thought when I 1st say it. But all in all nothing major, move along...

None of this is all that new. It's basically a newsifed version of the Place for Politics look that debuted after the primaries. Overall it is a horrible flat look and they need to bring back the parallelograms.

Exactly, that's why I thought it hadn't debuted yet. I still saw them using the navy/grey look...very inconsistent. Honestly, the current look is okay, but just way too flat. They need a bit of a 3D look...not like Fox, more like the NBC O&O package.

It's not bad, but I like how this partially looks like TVNewser got taken for a ride in many respects, though I suppose you could call it a "new look" since they pretty much mad MSNBC Live into the politics look, which I personally like, though the flag waving background of the logo has looked horrid since day one it was introduced, to be honest. MSNBC looked better with the solid background behind the logo.

Archived