KDKA's HD Plans

newscopter7

Anyone have any information about KD's plan to go HD?

I noticed they're broadcasting the 5:00 newscast from the main set. I thought maybe the 5:00 set was being demolished in preparation for a new HD set.

Hopefully we'll see big changes....new music, graphics, set.

Anyone have any information about KD's plan to go HD?

I noticed they're broadcasting the 5:00 newscast from the main set. I thought maybe the 5:00 set was being demolished in preparation for a new HD set.

Hopefully we'll see big changes....new music, graphics, set.

I haven't heard or read anything about it, but it appears as if it is only a matter of time until KD goes HD. They have been doing the 5pm news from the main set for several months now. As for the old 5pm set, I've seen Bob Pompeani do Steeler's post game coverage on Pittsburgh's CW on that set.

I hope that KDKA starts broadcasting in HD soon with big changes as well!

I found this on the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette's website today in the TV Q&A section.

Here is a quote from the article: "We expect to make the transition to HD in the next two or three months," said KDKA general manager Chris Pike. "The equipment has been purchased and is in house. We just need to complete the installation."

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09023/943769-238.stm

Archived