Obama Recommends Delay in Digital TV Switch

Geoffrey

Maybe my years got confused... since 2007/2008 are pretty much a blur for me these days, but I distinctly remember applying for and receiving the coupons, and then I sat around for a while with them on my fridge before actually using one of them to buy a CECB.

Yeah, the more I look back the more I do think I installed the thing this summer. I stand corrected... but still, if your only source for TV is an analog antenna, you should have been even more on top of the whole coupon ordering process.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Maybe my years got confused... since 2007/2008 are pretty much a blur for me these days, but I distinctly remember applying for and receiving the coupons, and then I sat around for a while with them on my fridge before actually using one of them to buy a CECB.

Yeah, the more I look back the more I do think I installed the thing this summer. I stand corrected... but still, if your only source for TV is an analog antenna, you should have been even more on top of the whole coupon ordering process.

You have stated a massive problem in today's society - there is no accountability.

OOOOOOO I didn't have a chance to get the coupon. I can't afford $60 for the antenna, I never knew it was coming, and on and on.

It has been already stated in this and other threads, hell even in print media - no matter when the change of life occurs, there will probably be some who said one or more of the above statements or other statements to the same effect. wtf, just do it!

So, as I understand it, those people who are prepared, those who budgeted the whopping $60 for the box, or have cable/sat, or are just organized people have to wait because a small element of the total population who are not.

Just so I understand.

Archived