Houston Multiple Tests

bhratbrat

Today in Houston there has already been 2 DTV tests with a third one at 10:22 tonight. Is this a little excessive to yall

Not really. Probably a good idea instead of doing them at the same time. (Milwaukee's done them in the 5p/6p hour only.) They only take about what, 60 seconds?

The one conducted in St. Louis lasted for 5 minutes between 6:25 and 6:30. It would be better for viewers if the stations acted like they weren't competing for viewers during the test.

You mean station

and
aren't teaming up for promos which run in nearly every commercial block on all local channels?

I am so sick of seeing these... Actually, I'm very sick of hearing about the DTV switch in general. They could postpone two months, two years, twenty years and there would still be massive problems. It's a good idea, poorly executed unfortunately but the time has come. If watching television really meant that much to someone, they'd have cashed in on those converter box coupons as soon as possible or upgraded to a pay TV service. Those who procastinated and are now complaining do not have my sympathy - and those who say they cannot afford the $0-10 they might have to shell out for a box make me sad.

Archived