Furnell Chatman Retires from KNBC

CalItalian2

Good news here for him; unfortunate news for KNBC. He was an excellent anchor, very professional. I'll miss seeing him on KNBC weekends, far more than some of the other recent retirements/departures. I wonder if he was nudged, perhaps just a little, to leave? Ongoing budget cuts?

I hope he is successful in New Orleans.

Good news here for him; unfortunate news for KNBC. He was an excellent anchor, very professional. I'll miss seeing him on KNBC weekends, far more than some of the other recent retirements/departures. I wonder if he was nudged, perhaps just a little, to leave? Ongoing budget cuts?

I hope he is successful in New Orleans.

Well he's been in the business for 40+ years, so retirement makes sense.

Wow 40 years, that is so very rare these days at any job. Well good for him. He will be missed.

Other than Stan Chambers @ KTLA, I wonder which reporter has been at one station the longest?

Lately they have been using solo anchors on the weekends, I wonder who will replace him? I guessing either Beverly White or bringing back Kim Baldonado. What do you guys think?

Wow 40 years, that is so very rare these days at any job. Well good for him. He will be missed.

Other than Stan Chambers @ KTLA, I wonder which reporter has been at one station the longest?

Lately they have been using solo anchors on the weekends, I wonder who will replace him? I guessing either Beverly White or bringing back Kim Baldonado. What do you guys think?

Ted Chen

Ted Chen

Is Ted doing Today in LA Weekend and doing the afternoon & evening newscasts?

By the way Beverly White did an excellent job with the tribute to Furnell Chatman this afternoon. Hopefully they will put it on their website.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived