New AMS weekend AM guy at ABC7

abc7 Man

Well, ABC7 loses Sam Champion and finds another great-looking guy, but one who just happens to be a REAL meteorologist!!!

I think he did OK for his first two days. He looked sort of physically uncomfortable in front of the green screen, but I am sure that is the newness of dealing with a new system.

OK, you all know what is coming:

His suits/ ties are pretty good. For Albany, above-average. For NYC about average-not a Lee Goldberg by any means but certainly not a Storm Field either! Suits are the most expensive part of a wardrobe, and those looked decent, as did his ties. The problem for me was his shirts: They are not quite formal enough-and the wrong kind of collar for the large tie knots he uses. SuitSnob's advice to Jeff as he enters this more fashion-forward market: Get some new shirts with a medium-spread collar to accomodate your tie knots; and as so much focus is on your hands as you point you should up your game with French cuffs and links. Welcome to New York City, you're playin' with the BIG Boys now!

Jeff Smith has joined the Accu-Weather team...

here is his bio up on ABC7's site:

abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=bios&id=4926206

Hmm, haven't really seen him in action as of yet, but according to his bio he has certainly had experience in the field, which is why ABC 7 had hired him. Maybe he'll move on up the ladder when the others retire...

-Vlad

Archived