How is your NBC affiliate dealing with the loss of WX+?

rhombics447

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As I posted in another thread, WDSU still uses the WeatherPLUS branding, but they have teamed up with AccuWeather and calls Channel 6.2 "6 WeatherPlus News & Traffic", complete with AccuWeather graphics. The footage aired isn't live except for the station's radar.

wdsuam1.jpg

wdsu2jd0.jpg

wdsu3br0.jpg

KARE never called their weather "KARE 11 Weather Plus" in their newscasts, but they still have the KARE 11 Weather Plus on 11.2 DT and on their website. I keep waiting for them to change it or get rid of it, but nope, it's still the same as it has been since they launched it.

Well, WVTM is still streaming NBC13 Weather Plus on DT 13.2 although it hasn't called its weather department that since Fall of 2006. However, I believe since it is a RTN affiliate and Media General owned that it will either shut down or change over to RTN.

Well, WVTM is still streaming NBC13 Weather Plus on DT 13.2 although it has called it hasn't called its weather department that since Fall of 2006. However, I believe since it is a RTN affiliate and Media General owned that it will either shut down or change over to RTN.

Odds are that it will become RTN, if RTN doesn't go belly up before that.

• 2 weeks later...

WDAM in Hattiesburg, Mississippi has eliminated WeatherPlus and replaced it with a slide stating that "Due to circumstances beyond our control, NBC WeatherPLUS will no longer be available. Please do not call WDAM or your cable company as the decision to cease operations was solely that of NBC."

Perhaps they are somehow incapable of adapting WeatherPLUS into a channel after the network itself shut down back in December.

This now leaves two dark subchannels on WDAM....including the Tube Channel since it went under back in 07.

• 2 months later...

WRC has finally removed WeatherPlus from their graphics -- well, they're finally using the new weather graphics from the new graphics package that debuted several months ago. It's returned to being StormCenter4. On the digital subchannel front, 4.2 is NBCPlus (formerly WeatherPlus), 4.3 is new, and it's used for Universal Sports.

• 1 month later...

WKYC has taken away the new L-bar it put up in December and now it just cycles through their radars in full screen. It still is looping the same cut of the Gannett News Music.

I think they also dropped the children's programming (they would show Inspector Gadget's Field Trip on the weekends around the noon hour).

• 2 weeks later...

WESH 2 finally dropped the "weather Plus" and is now referring to WESH 2 Weather but they also add the slogan as being "most accurate forecast" by weatherate which is incorporated in their new opening they debuted on Monday

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Update:

KSDK still uses WeatherPlus+ branding, but is now using Accuweather "WeatherTrak." I haven't seen any KSDK cut-ins.

KSDK's WeatherPlus+ logo clashes with the Accuweather look.

Archived