More Shakeups at WNBC

j.wer

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can't believe that WNBC is letting the three reporters listed in the previous post are being let go along with all the others that are already gone. What could they be thinking.? So, who will they replace Carol Anne on the Sunday at 6 news, who will do the Westchester reporting and Jay DeDapper?? But, they are keeping Darlene Rodriquez and others who have not been there quite as long or are not as experienced. Who are the people doing the weather on weekends now? Are they new employees? I guess they want to keep losing more viewers. They are definitely not being fair to the long time employees who have given them many years of of exemplary service.

This is shocking. They always had respected talent, and except for Sally Ann (I wasn't too impressed when I saw her), were great reporters. This is cost savings, they are hiring young talent, short on experience and knowledge, but cheap. Who will do political and investigating reports? Gabe Pressman is getting way too long in the tooth now. I am not a Eyewitness News fan, can't stand Fox, not enamored with CBS, so this is very disappointing news. How much does NBC want to P%SS off their loyal viewers?

Wow the cuts are non-stop at WNBC. So far, in the past two years, they have let go Asa Aarons, Joe Avellar, Dr. Max Gomez, Jane Hanson, Otis Livingston, SallyAnn Mosey, Carolyn Gusoff, Monica Morales, Jay DeDapper, Kendra Farn, and Carol Anne Riddell. In all that time, WCAU has only let go Bill Balldini (who retired and occassionally appears on Sunday on Sports Final) due to the budget cuts. There's a lot of veterans mixed in there. When will the WNBC cuts stop?

As for who will anchor Sunday nights, thats a no brainer, or at least it should be a no brainer. It should be DeMarco Morgan and Melissa Russo. I never understood why they had a different female anchor for every Saturday and Sunday newscast (mornings and evenings) to begin with.

FYI NYNews, no they are not. You should try reading the previous posts before mine.

And also here's that list again (seems I left a few out the first time):

Asa Aarons, Joe Avellar, Dr. Max Gomez, Jane Hanson, Perri Peltz, Rob Morrison, Otis Livingston, SallyAnn Mosey, Carolyn Gusoff, Monica Morales, Jay DeDapper,Kendra Farn, and Carol Anne Riddell

Damn! Now this goes to extremes. I read about how VB loved to cause turmoil, but now, and with GM TO, they are demolishing WNBC. And firing their strong reporters? Now that is just stupid. I wouldn't be surprised to one day log in and read that Chuck & Sue were fired.

Edit: This cuts now make WCBS cuts seem a hell lot smaller.

add Joe Cioffi to that list but he was a freelancer and was probably only their for show after his PIX debacle.

Yep Joe's out. He's a friend on my facebook and he's just doing weather on radio full time for now.

Well, its official, and I think many of you will agree. WNBC today is what WCBS was 1992 to 2007. If you like WCBS or not, at least they are now finally stable with their roster of anchors and reporters. WNBC is playing musical chairs and ousting almost all of their talent. Shame on WNBC and Vickie Burns. I have watched WNBC since 1990 when I was in high school and have come not to recognize that newscast anymore. I regretfully switched to WNYW as I do not like WCBS after the firings of 1996. I hope and prey that all those dismissed from WNBC, both on camera and off, will find a new home pretty soon.

I saw Aimee Nuzzo doing one of those financial commercials that look like a newscast, but they're like an infomercial.

I thought..how terrible these people have to resort to something.

WNBC really has become what WCBS was back in that time. They had such a great studio and product; now it just seems to crampt and small. There's no NY feel or attitude about it anymore. They have to bring in a weather man from Hartford to do their weather; sports is a joke on there, and no anchor pairings are together. You'll rarely if ever find Chuck, Sue, Janice, and Len (except Friday) together, which is supposed to be their A-team. Personally, their show is much better with Ushery anchoring solo.

I saw Aimee Nuzzo doing one of those financial commercials that look like a newscast, but they're like an infomercial.

I thought..how terrible these people have to resort to something.

Well, it was Aimee Niuzzo's decision to leave WNBC. She was on maternity leave and decided not to come back, as was reported by the Daily News a while back.

Archived