More Shakeups at WNBC

j.wer

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These cuts are real unfortunate.

I didn't realize Gusoff was at the station for so long.

I never really liked SallyAnn Mosey, perhaps Joe Cioffi will replace her?

I kind of agree with taking out the sports anchor for the mornings. I really don't think it's necessary to have one for the mornings. They could follow what WPIX does and have the regular anchor do the sports or have Len do some taping the night before.

I hate to see Otis Livingston leave but I am not surprised since he has not been on in the morning since this summer. I think he is a great sportscaster and has a really good on air personality. He will be missed! He was on the 11pm news last night.

This is such a shame to see all of these people go. Especially Otis Livingston. I kind of figured that his time was up ever since WNBC took him off TINY and I always thought that it never made sense for stations to have a sports anchor for the morning broadcasts, but they should have kept him as a sports reporter. I hope that he ends up on one of the other stations in NY.

As for Carolyn, I never really liked her too much and I was glad when WNBC took her off of Weekend Today in New York and replaced her with Erika Tarantal. It kind of made sense for management to let her go because aside from when she would anchor, she never did too much reporting.

Now as for Sally Ann and Monica, they both were okay, but were not the best. I hope Monica finds another job in NY, but I don't know about Sally Ann. There was just something about Sally Ann that I didn't like, and I think Joe Cioffi will be a good replacement for her.

Too bad about Carolyn Gusoff, Monica Morales, Otis Livingston and SallyAnn Mosey . I was about to ask why otis was not on in the mornings anymore. I saw him last weekend so I thought he was working on a story. Too bad about Carolyn, I did not know she was 2nd longest-tenured correspondent at WNBC.

I bet Sally Ann wishes she didn't leave Philly.

Don't think she had a choice. PVI doesn't keep them there indefinitely anymore, and she certainly wasn't going to be tapped to move up at the station. They went much younger (she is a bit long in the tooth, even if they are recently veneered) and much more competent. Her on-air abilities are, well, tragic.

Too bad about Gusoff.

WPVI has been going much younger with its hires but they're still doing the "farm system" thing. You do it well enough, you move up. See Erin O'Hearn and Adam Joseph.

Not enough has been said about how good they are at choosing talent. Most of the newer crop of reporters at 6 have been uniformly excellent.

All of these moves--new anchor desk, new music, new graphics, firing veteran reporters and anchors, all these changes--reminiscent of all the changes WCBS made when it was in the ratings basement for over a decade and a half. Welcome WNBC to the ratings basement. You;ll be there for the next decade if not even mor.

All of these moves--new anchor desk, new music, new graphics, firing veteran reporters and anchors, all these changes--reminiscent of all the changes WCBS made when it was in the ratings basement for over a decade and a half. Welcome WNBC to the ratings basement. You;ll be there for the next decade if not even mor.

You never know, remember WCBS did the same and it has proven to be a slight sucess, they are better now than they were before the changes, who knows, maybe WNBC will follow, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

You never know, remember WCBS did the same and it has proven to be a slight sucess, they are better now than they were before the changes, who knows, maybe WNBC will follow, there is always a light at the end of the tunnel.

Agreed. However, it took over a decade and a half of changes for slight success to happen. So most of the changes, one can say, were unsuccessful.

Interesting. SA Mosey is getting quite a bit of air time since the announcement last wk that she was one of those leaving by the end of the year. Who do you think will fill the wknd am weather position? Will they even bother to have someone in that role?

Interesting. SA Mosey is getting quite a bit of air time since the announcement last wk that she was one of those leaving by the end of the year. Who do you think will fill the wknd am weather position? Will they even bother to have someone in that role?

Maybe they will use John Marshall to do weekend mornings weather in addition to his weekend evening duties.

Funny I have noticed that Sally Ann, and Otis Livingston both have gotten more air time since the announcement.

If they are cost cutting, logically John Marshall should be able to handle the whole weekend by himself, like the girl on Alyse Finch on WCBS used to do.

Archived