WNBC New Graphics & Set

NYNW

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here are some snapshots.

I like the look... very bright.

And it sounds like Bill Ratner is their announcer (I know they've been using him for at least a few days or weeks).

Also, I caught the noon "News on the Hour" and they were definitely still using the old look so I was surprised when NYNW posted about the new graphics at 1:00.

WNBC-111708a.jpg.faadb1b5a34c0f75cacb9226ad4fbea8.jpg

WNBC-111708b.jpg.0433e58fbd85c338379b36b5d762a9f5.jpg

WNBC-111708c.jpg.e1d1054ce406cf06ca6bbf5a59769777.jpg

WNBC-111708d.jpg.6841f02377e1e66ba242ae0dea9e9b82.jpg

WNBC-111708e.jpg.a385c524946801e8be432667ab8c581e.jpg

WNBC-111708f.jpg.28c518c5cfb5e348da9ea5d8a44c0176.jpg

I'll pass final judgment when I see an animation of some sort...

But right now...I dunno.

-T

Same here. I don't like the 3D treatments given to the logo in the open. Looks amateurish at best. Other than that though, it looks like it has potential to be good or to totally suck.

So it's true that I have no life and have been looking at these graphics closely already... the one thing that bothers me is that they picked only ten counties to list on the left side of the screen, missing many of the ones in the DMA (including three inside the city).

Yeah, I did notice the list of counties, and that does kind of bother me. But I do wonder if it is an intentional nod to this:

wnbc1982.jpg

Also... theme music! Any indication on if they're keeping the old stuff?

So far I'm really digging the new look! It is a bit amateurish, but overall the look is clean, simple, and neat. The lower third is not too bad neither. Graphics really do not have to be flashy and sophisticated all the time.. So I'm glad they decided to keep it simple with this package. But again we have a lot more to see on News 4 New York at 5.

Yeah, I did notice the list of counties, and that does kind of bother me. But I do wonder if it is an intentional nod to this:

wnbc1982.jpg

Also... theme music! Any indication on if they're keeping the old stuff?

I'm watching it right now and the music is changed for good, personally I don't like it as much as what they had before, would've been nice if they kept their previous music, but its something that can get used to.. The music is very fast paced. Not sure what package that is though...

I just came home and tune in. Did WNBC get the new NBC O&O graphics? IT looks like it did. The new set is nice and colorful. I will miss the old set. It was bigger and better. Though this new set makes the newspeople look better IMO. I always thought the old set was a little dark. I think I will like a new more colorful four. I guess this is part of the new newschannel.

The graphics and the new set are very nice - but it's not really New York style... looks something more suited for a smaller market.

Again - not that it isn't good, it's all well done... but it's a step down from what they had.

Agreed, what they had looked very sophisticated and respectable

Archived