Precise Promos

abc7 Man

I am not talking about news rundowns...

I am talking about promos that tell you the exact time a story wil air...

For Example:

There was a promo at aroung 2PM today that ran---- "Tomorrow at 7:17am on the CW11 Morning News..."

They have been doing this thing for a while now. Any other stations?

I am not talking about news rundowns...

I am talking about promos that tell you the exact time a story wil air...

For Example:

There was a promo at aroung 2PM today that ran---- "Tomorrow at 7:17am on the CW11 Morning News..."

That is quite a first, promos that tell the exact time now. I have not witnessed that. It could be a CW11 thing...

-Vlad

Of course you are referring to WPIX, and welcome to the forums, but please use call letters to identify stations, okay? ^\../^ (KPLR and KSTW are also known as CW11, but only WPIX has morning news of any kind...)

And I know there is a D.C. station that does this...I can't recall if it's WRC or WJLA, though.

Of course you are referring to WPIX, and welcome to the forums, but please use call letters to identify stations, okay? ^\../^ (KPLR and KSTW are also known as CW11, but only WPIX has morning news of any kind...)

And I know there is a D.C. station that does this...I can't recall if it's WRC or WJLA, though.

Well, KDKA used to tease what they called the "5:45 Special Report," a warmed over package from the previous night's (or previous week, outside sweeps) feature, like an investigation or a consumer report.

For Example:

Has anyone checked if they actually aired the piece at exactly the specified time? I mean c'mon 7:17am, that's too precise.

For Example:

Has anyone checked if they actually aired the piece at exactly the specified time? I mean c'mon 7:17am, that's too precise.

Yeah, barring any breaking news or other setbacks, KDKA usually did.

Yeah, barring any breaking news or other setbacks, KDKA usually did.

Such as uncontrollable tapping to the sig?

Yes, perhaps V-Man has tourette's?

That or just a severe case of being retarded.

Probably caused by all the lead paint in the severly-in-need-of-remodeling "office" he works in.

Archived