Radio Band of America

10Viewer

I've been listening to several very good "unknown" themes from the 1970's and I have a hunch that a few of them may be from the same composer.

Anyone have any information on "Radio Band of America"? They composed the "WHAS 1975 News Theme". It's very catchy and has a 'real band' vibe to it.

The "KRON 1977 News Theme" also has the same kind of thing going. I also tend to believe that the "WBNS 1977 News Theme" might have the same composer.

Am I onto something or am I crazy? I like each of these themes and I tend to believe they are somehow linked.

• 5 years later...

Years later....

Yes, Radio Band of America (now defunct)...I was VP/Creative Director, and I do recall

doing theme music packages and promos for a few Philadelphia TV News interests.

If still interested, I suppose you can contact me through this account I just set up to answer your question :)

Thanks!

- Paul Messing

Years later....

Yes, Radio Band of America (now defunct)...I was VP/Creative Director, and I do recall

doing theme music packages and promos for a few Philadelphia TV News interests.

If still interested, I suppose you can contact me through this account I just set up to answer your question :)

Thanks!

- Paul Messing

Check your e-mail. I'm not the original poster but the Philadelphia TV News part intrigued me, since I'm something of an expert on that!

Archived