News Themes that are TRULY SYMPHONIC

newswatch

No matter if it was done by a symphony orchestra, or a big-ass recording studio in Hollywood, News themes (local and network) are Truly Symphonic

NETWORK NEWS THEMES

CBS Evening News -

a) Dan Rather theme - from 1991 to 2006 - Neal Fox

:D Katie Couric theme - from 2006 to now - composed by James Horner (Titanic, Krull, Apollo 13) to commemorate Couric coming to CBS from NBC News, and being the first woman to ever become sole anchor of a network evening newscast; not only that, to compete with John Williams's NBC News theme (aka The Mission)

NBC Nightly News -

The Original version for Tom Brokaw, and the updated version for Brian Williams, of the longest-running theme since 1985 - The Mission (NBC News theme) - done by John Williams (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, JAWS and Superman)

LOCAL NEWS THEMES

a) the Highly-Uproarious version of Move Closer to Your World done by the London Philharmonic for ABC's WPVI in Philadelphia.

B) The KIRO 1993 News theme - Gerard Schwartz and the Seattle Symphony

c) the WGN 1991 News theme

Oh, and Let's not forget...

The Atlanta Symphony's rendition of the WAGA Eyewitness News theme by Eddie Horst.

This theme was for when WAGA became owned by the FOX Network in 1994 after years of being a CBS affiliate owned by Storer Broadcasting.

615 Music: USA News, Aurora, Battery, Newswire

Frank Gari: Hello News, X2

FirstCom: Production Music-Action News

No, no, no.

He means news themes that were performed by a real orchestra.

Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3xUN-cnlWU

I'm pretty sure some of the packages you listed have themes that include synthesizers...

No, no, no.

Example:

I'm pretty sure some of the packages you listed have themes that include synthesizers...

You would be correct. Maybe some of those use a mixture, but they're not all TRULY SYMPHONIC.

I wish I could find it now - I used to have video of the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra, as led by former Tonight Show band leader Doc Severinson, as well as their chrous, performing Hello Milwaukee back in the winter of '04. It was amazing.

NBC Nightly News -

The Original version for Tom Brokaw, and the updated version for Brian Williams, of the longest-running theme since 1985 - The Mission (NBC News theme) - done by John Williams (Star Wars, Indiana Jones, JAWS and Superman)

Or even about something more recent: the NBC 2008 election theme (also John Williams)

No, no, no.

Example:

I remember getting tripped up by Newswire as well.

• 5 years later...

Archived