The Circle 11 is BACK!!

lugnuts6

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would love to see them go back to "Channel 11 News @ 10" and "Channel 11 Morning News" again. This would pull a big dent on network part of trying to have a better image. All I want to see their sister station WGN to do is get rid of that CW logo, keep the WGN-boxed 9 as is and stop uttering "Chicago's CW" on some of their promos. That's all I want to see.

I just captured it. The premise of the ID is that it's like Pong, so the 11 is bouncing around:

eyetvsnapshot525hx9.th.jpgthpix.gif

I like it, it could be a little more polished, but it's certainly unique!

I just captured it. The premise of the ID is that it's like Pong, so the 11 is bouncing around:

eyetvsnapshot525hx9.th.jpgthpix.gif

I like it, it could be a little more polished, but it's certainly unique!

YES!!! This is very close to the clone of the old 90s 11 logo. That looks very tight!

So what's with the line before the circle-11 logo? Is it just some weird design thing? Because, to me, it looks like the 11 is inside the 0 of the number 10.

And is that "W" the same one as the one in "CW"?

Other than that, this is pretty exciting... I wonder when it'll finally show up in news.

So what's with the line before the circle-11 logo? Is it just some weird design thing? Because, to me, it looks like the 11 is inside the 0 of the number 10.

And is that "W" the same one as the one in "CW"?

Other than that, this is pretty exciting... I wonder when it'll finally show up in news.

The capture he desribed was it was like the electronic arcade game of Pong. It does look like the W but I'm sure it's a different font.

I don't think it's a tease from the "chiller" revival at all...more than likely it's official.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WPIX (at the bottom of "logos")

"The "CW 11" logo is expected to be dropped soon in favor of new branding that features a modernized version of WPIX's former "Circle 11" logo."

Can we safely say that this might nail the cw in the coffin? perhaps...

The newscasts will be branded as "PIX Morning News" and "PIX News at 10pm."

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/tv/2008/10/28/2008-10-28_ch_11_drops_cw_tag_and_goes_back_to_wpix.html

I can't say this enough but I love their new logo. I would still prefer "Channel 11 News" but P-I-X does ring a bell. Kudos to PIX for finally joining the other eight Trib stations in bringing a localized non-CW logo. C'mon KPLR & KRCW and join the non-CW branding bandwagon.

It is going to spelled out when the reporter finishes his/her story. "P-I-X News at Ten" or "W-P-I-X News at Ten" or pronounced as "PIX News at Ten" ?

And will there be new graphics? The ones they have right now is okay, but they could be better, especially the weather graphics for the 5 day forecast. It looks too generic.

And doesn't the "W" in WPIX look like he CW's "W"?

I always thought that a cool name for their chopper would be AirPIX-11 or SkyPIX-11... something with a spin on the PIX call letters and their original meaning of standing for Pictures as in the Daily News - New York's Picture Newspaper - once owned by Tribune. If they want to recognize the station's history, this would be a smart move.

Nice, its like a dream come true! Finally that disgusting CW logo is gone and we see history repeat itself with this historic station. They finally cracked that shell they were in. I would still prefer if they used P-I-X 11 News, but PIX News is fine though and it is still way better than CW11, lol. Kudos to them for finally going back to their roots and becoming original again.

Question...

what are the voiceovers IDing the station as? "WPIX", "WPIX-11", or "Channel 11"?

The voiceovers in all the promos I've seen announce CW11, then the logo transitions to

WPIX 11 and the voice whispers "WPIX"

Archived