The Circle 11 is BACK!!

lugnuts6

Just watching "CHILLER THEATRE" on WPIX, and the first commercial break had the CW 11 morph into a new logo ..WPIX in artic font with a new version of the old circle 11, I'll hopefully have a screen shot coming if they show it on the next break

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I caught it too. I had a gut feeling Ch11 was going to give us some type of a clue. The new logo is awesome. Picture this... the old WB number 11 inside the legendary circle. It looks vintage, it looks modern, it's just right!

It looks mean and totally New York area! I did not like the WPIX fonts cause the W looks too much like the CW's font but its a welcomed change.

I wonder if the changes will be coming up soon. Say just in time for the November sweeps?

Go Channel 11, Go! The station is kicking butt with new ideas and I believe the news they produce is much better than Fox5 even Channel 7.

The other stations and thier parent conglomerates can go ahead and spend time and resources cutting costs to squeeze out quick profits but they will learn once again that the New York area is one of a kind and originality tops one size fits all.

I hope Channel 11 WPIX will become the king of New York in everything it broadcasts and other stations here and around the country will scramble to mimick its format to achieve its success!

Just watching "CHILLER THEATRE" on WPIX, and the first commercial break had the CW 11 morph into a new logo ..WPIX in artic font with a new version of the old circle 11, I'll hopefully have a screen shot coming if they show it on the next break

I am curious as in what context this was shown. What it in relationship to the Chiller Theatre and do you think they were just trying to retro in keeping with the theme or do you think it is a sign of a change?

I am curious as in what context this was shown. What it in relationship to the Chiller Theatre and do you think they were just trying to retro in keeping with the theme or do you think it is a sign of a change?

If it's the latter, we can pretty much prepare for the burial of the CW.

Except from the colors, does it look like the logo from WPXI in Pittsburgh:

I've always loved the Circe 11 and I hope that it is back WPIX to stay!!!

Did it looked like this?

Wpix74.jpg

I just hope they go back to the "Channel 11" brand. It would bring a strong local front and dump the CW brands out of their conciousness.

All I can say is it's about damn time! I thought 'PIX would be the rebel of the Tribune-owned CW affiliates and NOT dump the "CW" moniker altogether.

Newscasts will also begin to reflect the new WPIX logo (e.g. the Circle 11) and we can expect the title of the newscast to change also. Now it's up to KTLA and WGN to fade away the CW logo.

I would actually prefer the "11" from the old "WB11" logo with the circle. Or even yet, just bring back the "11" without the circle. Remember the news at ten with the black and gold colors prior to the WB when Jack Cafferty was still with WPIX.

Okay. Clarifying.

WGN and KTLA aren't going to drop the CW branding and revive their older logos - simply because they haven't *adopted* CW branding to begin with. They kept their local identities, kept using their calls, and never really embraced the whole CW identity (or, for that matter, the WB identity before it).

Furthermore, WPIX is one of those very, very, very few stations that celebrates, rather than ignores, its own history - especially lately, with the 60th anniversary special, the return of the Yule Log, and last night's return of Chiller Theater. With the companywide move to de-emphasize CW, it would have been more surprising if they *didn't* revive the circle 11, or even the old WB11-era logo.

BTW, isn't the logo the WB11-era logo in the circle? Or is it actually closer to that rendition that was posted earlier? (I actually made a personal mock a few nights ago - before this took place - with that mashup...)

I still can't believe no one has a capture of it yet!!, lol.

Anyway this is truly exciting, everyone who watches WPIX, knows how great of a channel they used to be in the past, and I'm glad they are slowly starting to go back to their roots again, who knows, maybe they may rebrand the newscast as simply "11 News", and drop the annoying CW moniker alltogether. The network is a pretty much failed network, no where near the standard of the other major networks, I'm glad they are starting to realize this.

Yes, Vlad I agree with you and with this article you'll read below, les moonves can argue that he's not pulling the network at all when I don't buy it at all as that's just a cover-up for his disgust at the network's performance. All tribune needs to do is pull the cw off the affiliates and it's over! He won't say shit! IMO, Legend of the seeker (for some) it's a start and wpix needs to take the ny yankees back from my9 in its likeable resurgence. For the team to go through three different stations (5, 2 and 9) is not a good look for either parties. 9 can take back the mets, pronto!

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/10/25/arts/television/25cwnet.html?pagewanted=1&partner=permalink&exprod=permalink

I still can't believe no one has a capture of it yet!!, lol.

Anyway this is truly exciting, everyone who watches WPIX, knows how great of a channel they used to be in the past, and I'm glad they are slowly starting to go back to their roots again, who knows, maybe they may rebrand the newscast as simply "11 News", and drop the annoying CW moniker alltogether. The network is a pretty much failed network, no where near the standard of the other major networks, I'm glad they are starting to realize this.

Speaking of going back to its roots, did anyone see the abbreviated newscast last night? The newscast was only 30 minutes and at 10:30 they aired "The Honeymooners"! I am not sure this was planned because the online guide did not indicate it and they had some audio problems. Did anyone hear if there was an explanation for the short news?

Archived