"Counterpoint" as a radio theme?

newsguy22

I'm wondering if anyone knows about parts Stephen Arnold's "Counterpoint" theme that were re-worked into a music package for news radio stations.

If you head to the NMSA and listen to the "Counterpoint" theme, right at 1:59, there is a 30 second cut that sounds identical to the "headlines" theme used by WWL 870 AM and a couple of other news/talk radio stations in the 1990s.

I can't find any information online about a possible Counterpoint-based music package for news radio, and WWL radio and Stephen Arnold haven't been much help. Just curious to see if anyone on this board might have some insight.

Thanks!

Also, Nonstop Music's "First News" is also used on the radio, as the exact cut that WRAZ used for their ten o'clock news around 2000 or so is still used by WCBS-AM in New York, and WTOP in Washington used it at the top of the hour and probably at other times for the better part of a decade.

760 KFMB (AM) used to use Impact back in the 90's and RHRN for its news updates. Now that they became more of a talk format, its been a while since i tuned to the AM dial so I dont know if their using Seize the Day on their AM Station as they currently use this as their news package on TV.

...seems like we should open another topic on radio stations that use TV news packages...if there isn't one already...

WINK Newsradio (AM1240/1270) in Fort Myers uses 360 music's 'Viral' package. Radio was added to the license agreement when affiliate WINK TV started using it.

In the mid-'90s(?), NewsRadio 1140 WRVA used a cut from Stephen Arnold's "Signature" (5:55-6:05 on NMSA) for weather updates from WWBT-NBC12 on the morning show. I remember WWBT also used the package for its newscasts at the time.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived